586,005 active members*
5,130 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > 2395 Alarm-B User Reserve code 92 ‘PROBE OPEN’

2395 Alarm-B User Reserve code 92 ‘PROBE OPEN’

We are having issues with our Renishaw RMP60 probe and the RMI-Q reader. The Okuma COntrol is an OSP-300

We have swapped out the Probe and still have the same problem. Has anyone been through this? If there is a next step on troubleshooting I would like to know. The machine is still under warranty but it needs to run soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hutch07 View Post
    We are having issues with our Renishaw RMP60 probe and the RMI-Q reader. The Okuma COntrol is an OSP-300

We have swapped out the Probe and still have the same problem. Has anyone been through this? If there is a next step on troubleshooting I would like to know. The machine is still under warranty but it needs to run soon.
    Did you ever get this problem resolved? I just got a new mill set up and starting to attempt to run it, and I’m getting this same exact problem, I called okuma but they are a few weeks out for help.

Re: 2395 Alarm-B User Reserve code 92 ‘PROBE OPEN’

Probe open means that it is not communicating with the probe. Check the easy stuff. Battery, proper M-code for enabling, probe settings. The alarm is a user generated alarm, so it is defined inside the probing macro or MSB file. Searching through the macro may give more info as to what is triggering it, but I think it will just say basically what I did...not communicating.

If this is a new machine, the macros should be listed in the Gauging instruction manual and will usually even show the macros being used listed in the manual.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    Probe open means that it is not communicating with the probe. Check the easy stuff. Battery, proper M-code for enabling, probe settings. The alarm is a user generated alarm, so it is defined inside the probing macro or MSB file. Searching through the macro may give more info as to what is triggering it, but I think it will just say basically what I did...not communicating.

If this is a new machine, the macros should be listed in the Gauging instruction manual and will usually even show the macros being used listed in the manual.

Best regards,
    Thank you for the reply, this machine is a year old it’s a 2021 bought slightly used only 300 hours on it, came with probe already in working order, I set up the machine leveled it all that good stuff and I goto calibrate probe and keep getting this error, I have gotten then prove to communicate with the machine when I type the codes by hand the probe will turn on and it will move ect but when I try to use the renishaw software app it acts like no communication and I still receive this error and I have no idea why, it’s very odd, any help I would appreciate it

Re: 2395 Alarm-B User Reserve code 92 ‘PROBE OPEN’

If you type probe commands by hand and it works but doesn’t when using the Renishaw software then you need to check your Renishaw configuration. There is a special area that is used to configure it that may be set wrong.

If you can activate it by m-code, can you use G31 skip to test and see if it stops feeding when tripped? That should prove the probe works but the software is configured wrong.

Renishaw can probably help you out quickly.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.