585,585 active members*
3,740 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

deckel maho DMG 635V

hello everyone ,

I recently bought deckel maho 635v from 2007 , control is siemens 840D

my question is this :

I have a tool , Iscar saw mill , diameter 125mm , by the inserts it runs at 165rpm ISCAR Cutting Tools - Metal Working Tools - SGSF : 2300956 - SGSF 125-5-32K
    since it needs quite a bit of momentum to slide slot a piece of titanium grade 5 , maximum is 23Nm , i'm wondering if the machine has enough.
    In the machine manual it says that i can set in setup mode rpm from 20 to 800 and than i get a lot more momentum , more than enough but i know that the machine doesn't have manual gears. hopefully they don't mean setup mode limitations.. there fore 800rpm max.
    So my question is if anyone has this machine does it make a difference if i put 'M41' after start spindle as that puts the machine in 1 gear.. and according to the manual i should have about 54Nm at my disposal..

thank you all!!!

Dalibor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spindle momentum-1.jpg  

vfsi Guest

Re: deckel maho DMG 635V

daliborb,
    The spindle on your machine has one gear only. From the chart it looks like you can ask the machine to deliver 52 NM continuously or 83 NM at 40% (ie 4 minutes at full load and 6 minutes at reduced load.
    According to my calculation you should be able to take a 4mm wide cut 10 mm deep at 125 RPM with a .017 mm chip per tooth and be right at 52 NM of torque.

Give it a spin you can always back off the depth or feed rate.
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by vfsi View Post
    daliborb,
    The spindle on your machine has one gear only. From the chart it looks like you can ask the machine to deliver 52 NM continuously or 83 NM at 40% (ie 4 minutes at full load and 6 minutes at reduced load.
    According to my calculation you should be able to take a 4mm wide cut 10 mm deep at 125 RPM with a .017 mm chip per tooth and be right at 52 NM of torque.

Give it a spin you can always back off the depth or feed rate.
    Good Luck
    thank you sir for your reply.. i figured it out but i'm using 1.3mm per pass , far less torque needed and less stress on my spindle. everyone says i should go more but this works pretty nicely for now!

thank you again for replying!!!

kind regards,

D

vfsi Guest

I'm happy to hear that it's working for you. Do you have a list of the "M" functions for your 635V. I have looked through all of my documents and can't find one for mine. If you could share it with me I would much appreciate it. Just PM me.
    Thanks
    vfsi