585,733 active members*
5,101 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > retrofitting anton cnc lathe servo question
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: retrofitting anton cnc lathe servo question

I think you are making progress, the LEDs sound correct. But I don't know why the motor won't run. You might try connecting the 3V signal to pins 12-13 and see if that does anything.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

hi jim,
    it lives, it moves!!!! yeah!
    the problem was a faulty cable from my power supply. i connected pin 3 and 5 to comm, left pin 4 the standby pin alone, is that okay? 0-10v is on pin 11 and 12.
    so the next thing is to connect pin 3 and 5 and comm to the spindle relay on the bob. pin 11 and 12 to the 0-10v output on the bob and one cable from the yet to build spindle index to an input pin from the bob. that should be the electrical setup, right?

for the transducer: i guess that thing gives the signal to switch poles inside the servo controller and therefore its positioning is important. could i just take an handheld rpm meter, measure the rpm and after that turn the transducer a little bit and measure rpm again. if it gets faster ( same input voltage) the transducer should have a better position?

thank you so much for your help,

michael

Quote Originally Posted by neptunier View Post
    hi jim,
    it lives, it moves!!!! yeah!
    Awesome !

the problem was a faulty cable from my power supply. i connected pin 3 and 5 to comm, left pin 4 the standby pin alone, is that okay? 0-10v is on pin 11 and 12.
    so the next thing is to connect pin 3 and 5 and comm to the spindle relay on the bob. pin 11 and 12 to the 0-10v output on the bob and one cable from the yet to build spindle index to an input pin from the bob. that should be the electrical setup, right?
    If it works, I would say it's OK. Also try pins 12-13, I think that is the single ended input, might work better with your setup.

for the transducer: i guess that thing gives the signal to switch poles inside the servo controller and therefore its positioning is important. could i just take an handheld rpm meter, measure the rpm and after that turn the transducer a little bit and measure rpm again. if it gets faster ( same input voltage) the transducer should have a better position?
    That might work. I don't know enough about setting up the commutation to properly advise you. It is normally set up on the test bench and is done with a dual channel oscilloscope, but I have never done it. If it works where it is and the motor sounds normal then maybe it's adjusted OK. Maybe someone else here can offer better advice.

thank you so much for your help,

michael
    It's my pleasure to help out where I can.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Page 2 of 2 12