584,849 active members*
3,797 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SolidCAM for SolidWorks and SolidCAM for Inventor > solidworks/solidcam, post processor for hass ,

Smile solidworks/solidcam, post processor for hass ,

Gents, its been a while but i'm back,

so here's my story,
    I have many milling programes for my fanuc control leadwell machine posted out with the generic solid cam post. all we have to do it add in the tool calls for the changer and it works fine,

I have a Hass tm1 newly acquired, and have tried to run one of the fanuc programs, however the hass appears to not like the fouth digit after the decimal place that the post produces,

the program will run a few lines at the start but stop at the first line with a digit at 4 decimal places, if we remove the fourth place on a few line s it will read them but still stop at the next line with the fourth place digit,

it looks like we only have to remove all the 4th digits to get the programs to run, but how can we do it as its no possible to just edit them out of the finished program as there is too many line to work through,

Is there somewhere in solid cam that this can be configured to not show offending digit, or can I do something to the control to make it reads it and run,

if neither of these options are available how do I get hold of a post to use with soildwords to run on Hass . where would I buy a post form a reputable scource and how much would I have to pay ?

many thanks men an women if any

carl

I don't have much understanding of software so please keep it simple if possible,

Re: solidworks/solidcam, post processor for hass ,

Hey.
    We are professionally engaged in postprocessors under SolidCAM and InventorATM.
    Our channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKU...lWwbfR_8zP1NsQ

Additionally, I will send you our mail with a private message.

Hi look please on this post https://www.cnc.info.pl/post480770.html#p480770 (I know it's Polish lng but it easy to do) for change format you need do only first part later is showing how change gcode g20 g21 (inch mm) but if don't need to change that just leave that.

Sorry for my English. And tell if you solve that.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

the program is already posted in mm,not inches,

Quote Originally Posted by fastcarl View Post
    the program is already posted in mm,not inches,
    Ok so try to find GPPL variables section in gpp file and change value 5.4 on 5.3 for numeric, xpos_f, ypos_f, xpos_f if you have another name then you can send me pic.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Quote Originally Posted by Danpil View Post
    Hey.
    We are professionally engaged in postprocessors under SolidCAM and InventorATM.
    Our channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKU...lWwbfR_8zP1NsQ

Additionally, I will send you our mail with a private message.
    Guys, Danpil made a SolidCam postprocessor for my 4 axis Integrex lathe and produced quality work. Most importantly he was on time and very responsive. Give him a try if you need a SolidCam post for your machine.

A little update,

thank you Partur ,

we have learned a bit more once we opened up the post and had a playa round with it, things have moved on quite nicely ,

we also found a whole bunch of post processors in the cam software for various controllers which will be helpful as I have another new to me machine with Siemens control .

thanks again,
    PS, where in the uk are you,

carl

Hi you need to know that this postprocesors in cam directory isn't finished, and always you find something that does not work. For example in one pp can be not working drill and in another something else. I am have pp for sinumerik it is very easy and friendly sofr to learn. I am living not too far from you. Maybe I wrote to you in private message.

Anyway I know that my post was helpful. So easy

Hi There,
    If anyone of you are looking for SolidCAM pp, can pm me.

Ok gents, another update,

we've got to grips with the Hass, but I also have an old Heidenhain 145 Bridgeport which I use for engraving, does anyone have a post for such a control for use with solid cam,we have had a play around with the post but somethings is not quite right and i'd rather not spend hours/days looking at the screen trying to work it out as I get boggle eyed,

cheers carl