585,717 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Yet another Chinese Laser Problem

Or maybe its just me. But I have one of those K40 40W CO2 Chinese lasers off ebay. Laser itself works fine. Have done multiple tests with it and it is fine.

My problem is although my Windows XP laptop detects and installs the correct drivers for it. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to send an image to the laser from the provided software, the dreaded Moshi Draw

Under the options menu in the software where the manual says to select the port of the laser, i cannot see this option. I have re-installed multiple times, cleared the registry of the machine (as I work in IT) and still no luck.

I have also tried Corel Draw x4 (which I can successfully link in Moshi) but still no luck figuring out how to send an image to the engraver.

Can anyone be so kind as to help me figure it out? I have gone through the instructions it came with, but the poor english of it doesnt seem to help

Thanks in advance

Could also be a problem with the USB cable - they are often of very poor quality. on my first laser I kept losing the connection. A new and better cable cured that.

I believe that the place where the port can be changed is under FILE and then OPTIONS. I seem to remember that this was populated automatically on my unit. I am on SKYPE some of the time as milton.maxson. If you need more help....do not hesitate to ask.

Milt

Well I figured out what was wrong, it was me! lol or the poorly written instruction that it came with. But I figured out how to link Corel Draw to the machine and output text/images to that. Thanks for the replies, but it appears everything is running fine. Did a couple of hours of testing and im pretty happy with the results!!

Glad to hear that you are up and running. Probably 90% of the problems with these cheaper machines is the software. Just gettng used to it will take some time. Keep moving forward and if you have any questions, just ask.

Milt

Since this thread is already discussing Chinese Laser problems, I figured I would pose my question here rather than creating a new thread. We purchased a 50W CO2 Shenhui Laser Engraver which we just received on friday, and are having problems with the water. The water is flowing into the tube fine, it's distilled and cold, but whenever we try to start the laser the LCD screen flashes "Water Error" or "Water Error 1". There a few sites offering any detailed help on this. I've found one that is very difficult to understand because of language and translation problems, and another one suggest shutting off the water flow valve using the software on the machine, but does not go in to further detail on how to do so.
    If anyone can help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is an exceedingly stupid newb question.

Your flow control sensor is likely jammed.

They can do when the machines are new, simply disconnect it, free off the plunger and reconnect. (follow the water tube back towards the tank from the laser tube and you will find it)

The other possible is are the connections correct? if the flow is backwards the sensor will jam closed with the water flow causing the same errors.

best wishes

Dave

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    Your flow control sensor is likely jammed.

They can do when the machines are new, simply disconnect it, free off the plunger and reconnect. (follow the water tube back towards the tank from the laser tube and you will find it)

The other possible is are the connections correct? if the flow is backwards the sensor will jam closed with the water flow causing the same errors.

best wishes

Dave
    Thank you for the reply, Dave. Unfortunately we're still having problems. I unhooked the water flow valve and made sure everything was connected correctly and that the "trapdoor" in the valve was unobstructed and water was flowing through, which it was. When hitting the "test" button the laser lights up, however when operating through the controls I am still receiving the same "water 1 error". And I cannot find the settings in RDCAM for the laser paramaters to set digital or analog.

Re: Yet another Chinese Laser Problem

Quote Originally Posted by CharginMahLaz0r View Post
    Thank you for the reply, Dave. Unfortunately we're still having problems. I unhooked the water flow valve and made sure everything was connected correctly and that the "trapdoor" in the valve was unobstructed and water was flowing through, which it was. When hitting the "test" button the laser lights up, however when operating through the controls I am still receiving the same "water 1 error". And I cannot find the settings in RDCAM for the laser paramaters to set digital or analog.
    I had exactly the same problem water error 1 , it appears the inlet and outlet are labeled incorrectly , I simply reversed the connections, it now works fine
    Barry