584,861 active members*
4,756 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Auxiliary axis to through RS232 on Haas Mini-mill

Auxiliary axis to through RS232 on Haas Mini-mill

Hi all,

I am trying to use a haas servo controller and haas indexer (HA5C) to make a semi-fourth axis on a mini-mill. I plugged the servo controller into the mill via straight through RS232 cable. Tried changing setting 38 (Aux axis number) on the mill to 1 and it gave an error saying that there was no aux axis connected. I know I can wire the servo controller via the relay and use M-codes to index, but I would like to be able to program it more in depth through the code. I am not sure what to do....

Re: Auxiliary axis to through RS232 on Haas Mini-mill

Quote Originally Posted by jstrong012 View Post
    Hi all,

I am trying to use a haas servo controller and haas indexer (HA5C) to make a semi-fourth axis on a mini-mill. I plugged the servo controller into the mill via straight through RS232 cable. Tried changing setting 38 (Aux axis number) on the mill to 1 and it gave an error saying that there was no aux axis connected. I know I can wire the servo controller via the relay and use M-codes to index, but I would like to be able to program it more in depth through the code. I am not sure what to do....
    I know this is an old thread but, were you able to make it work? I want to do the same thing but, with a 2012 VF-2 and Servo Control

Re: Auxiliary axis to through RS232 on Haas Mini-mill

Hi any news about that thread? i know it has been 10 years... but i am triying to do it on a VF2 2012 .. any notices? Thank you!