501,548 active members
5,015 visitors online
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by tom o View Post
    Thanks I was looking at all of them the Tormach, Smithy Automate and the Haas but looking at all the features available We decided on the Haas their dealer is about 4 miles from us. The main concern was will it get in the garage (82 3/4) clearance but once they took the feet off we had about a inch clearance. We almost doubled the price of the machine with options though, we got the 4th axis, renshaw probe, auger, high flow coolant with programable nozzle, 64 gig mem, high speed machining, rigid tapping, HRT160 rotary table, tailstock and chuck. So my Son and I are looking forward to it the activation should be tuesday or wed.
    Does the high flow coolant require three phase power or will it run off of single phase?

Registered

Re: new Haas TM1P has arrived!

We are running single phase power and have had no problems at all with the Haas mill.

Registered
    We are running single phase power and have had no problems at all with the Haas mill.
    Awesome! What work holding solutions are you using? I was thinking of getting orange vise 16” double station model for my future T1MP purchase. What do you like and dislike as far as the mill and the options you chose?

Registered
    Awesome! What work holding solutions are you using? I was thinking of getting orange vise 16” double station model for my future T1MP purchase. What do you like and dislike as far as the mill and the options you chose?

Registered

I have no complaints about the Haas at all everything is working as it should. Setup time is greatly reduced with the probe / toolsetter and definetly lots of coolant to clear chips the ridgid tapping is a great feature We are just using the standard collets though with no problem so far (tapping collets have a square in them to hold the tap ) for a vice we went with the DX6 Crossover Anglock Vise by Kurt but onlyone so far.

Gold Member

I have a 17" Orange on my Mini Mill.
    It is oriented lengthwise with the table on a sub plate.
    I like it alot. That vise does some neat tricks.
    No handle came with it so I use an old Craftsman ratchet and deep well socket. Works like it should have came with it.
    If you are going to mount it lengthwise like I did, then get the longer one. That will provide another inch or so in each station.

For bigger stuff, just remove the fixed jaw mount and you have a large clamping capacity.
    Lee

Registered
    I have no complaints about the Haas at all everything is working as it should. Setup time is greatly reduced with the probe / toolsetter and definetly lots of coolant to clear chips the ridgid tapping is a great feature We are just using the standard collets though with no problem so far (tapping collets have a square in them to hold the tap ) for a vice we went with the DX6 Crossover Anglock Vise by Kurt but onlyone so far.
    Awesome! This is great to hear! Thank you for your feedback!

Registered

Hi tom o, its been a few months, how are your thoughts on the TM-1P now?

I've been looking at them as an upgrade from a Tormach. I have some parts that I could do that are 20-26" long, and the table travel size is perfect for.

Erfahrener Benutzer

Quote Originally Posted by hersh View Post
    Hi tom o, its been a few months, how are your thoughts on the TM-1P now?

I've been looking at them as an upgrade from a Tormach. I have some parts that I could do that are 20-26" long, and the table travel size is perfect for.
    Hersh -

coming from a pair of Tormachs (still have them - 1100S3 and 770M) I picked up a TM2P 2 weeks back, used.

Machining nothing but 304SS on it since we plugged it in. Really a huge leap from the Tormach products - huge. I doubt you'd be disappointed with a TM1P. I'd recommend chip auger, WIPS if you can (I don't have it and wish I did), and 10k spindle (thought the 6k has been fine for me thus far). Have 4x Kurt DX6 across the table and will probably add a 5th soon. Cool machine, really.

Enjoy,

WW

Registered

I’m still happy as hell with the hass and have had no issues at all with it.

Registered

Thank you for the reply tom o and wildwhl. I think I'm going to move forward it it, and it sounds perfect for my needs. I have some more questions, but I'll post in a new thread so I don't hijack yours.

Registered

Attachment 420692Attachment 420692Use it if you like or start another, one thing the installer told me was it needs a air dryer or void the warranty on the spindle we have been using the decasent type so far but I have just picked up a Drystream 25 cfm that will be fitted after the decasent filter / water trap.

Page 2 of 2 12