584,862 active members*
5,048 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Masso Mill / Router CNC Controller

Masso Mill / Router CNC Controller

Has anyone here used or using the masso?
    IF so what did you think of it?
    Are you using it on an lathe or mill?

https://www.hindtechnology.com/shop/...ll-controller/

Thank you
    Joseph.

Re: Masso Mill / Router CNC Controller

I'm about to pull the plug and get one. There are several others here that have them and like them.

They had some growing issues as all new products do, but they are fairly solid now.

How is it going with your Masso?

I have purchased one .. and have not put it to work in my machine yet, but I have done a fair bit of bench testing with it.
    So far I am impressed and I feel it will be a better system than the windows /mach combo.

Yes, there are a few 'growing pains' as it is a start-up company, but they are working hard to produce a full featured & robust controller for the hobby market.
    Unless you want to spend a small fortune for a Path-Pilot system .. or go with a Centroid Acorn (looks like a good controller, but still tied to Windows which I don't care for) .. the Masso seems to be the best of both worlds.

Cheers ..

Thanks for the info! I ordered Acorn this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by gd.marsh View Post
    So far I am impressed and I feel it will be a better system than the windows /mach combo.
    I agree, the Masso will be much better than any system running windows. I do like the acorn, but being tied to a windows machine is what killed it for me.

The whole point is to get rid of the windows machine, with all of its inherent problems.

Yes, there are a few 'growing pains' as it is a start-up company, but they are working hard to produce a full featured & robust controller for the hobby market
    They are growing very fast and adding new features consistently.

One of the reasons why I went with Masso is because the people behind it really care about your success.

When you contact thier tech support they are more one on one and personal than most other companies, which I really appreciate.

I have converted an old manual lathe to cnc using the Masso controller. Probably the best experiment for me ever. It has a lot of features that your windows based controllers don't have and its easy to configure and use. It has become my go-to machine for production parts and tight tolerance parts as well. I run my controller off of 12V DC and have relays connected to it for the coolant pump and air blow. With Wi-Fi connectivity and a touch screen interface, you cant go wrong. You can send programs from your computer right to the control. No marching your flash drive to the computer and back to the machine. The customer support has been superb in every aspect. One thing I will say is if you have the cash, go with the servo motor over the stepper motors. They are considerably quieter and have a lot more power in a smaller package. In the future, I will end up pulling my Fanuc 10 control out of my mill and switching it out for a Masso 5-axis at some point. This is starting to sound like an advertisement.... Not what I intended. Just my personal experience with it. Yes they do have bugs to work out yet but for the most part, its an awesome product to use.

Chips