584,829 active members*
4,890 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Wood Lathes / Mills > Syntec 6MB Wiring and Configuration ?

Syntec 6MB Wiring and Configuration ?

Hi.
    I want to install SYNTEC 6MB on my CNC woodmilling 4 axis machine, But, need details for wiring and configuration parameters for it.
    Can you help me on this?

Re: Syntec 6MB Wiring and Configuration ?

How is your Chinese? Serious. There is no such manual available in english for Syntec. Wiring isn't available, even from syntec themselve, at least not available for download. Not for dealers, not for users. No wiring schedules. What is your plan? retrofit an existing machine or tweaking the controller for an already working setup?

I would not recommend to buy a Syntec controller if you're planning on a retrofit.

Are you looking for a setup that can control servo motors for the motion of the machine? in that case i would opt for Linuxcnc with a MESA board, enabling analog control of the servo drives. If you are using a step/dir setup, i would opt for edingcnc/uccnc or the in US so popular MACH3 (the latter wouldn't be my personal choice though, but that's just an unbiased opinion, based on what is intuitive for my odd brain)

I have got 2 Chinese manuals for the controller (parameters and settings), which can be helpfull, but it's somewhat of a struggle if you can't read Chinese. The translation of Chinese to English is so-so..

Hi, thank you for your attention.
    Unfortunately, I don't know Chinese. but in my country there is a lot cnc machine that used syntec controller. Motion control of this controller is good and i prefer to use it.
    About controller that you suggested, I Just familiar with MACH3, the smoothness of this controller is not acceptable in machine which I saw.
    If possible for you please send me parameters and setting's manual that you have from SYNTEC.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by serum View Post
    How is your Chinese? Serious. There is no such manual available in english for Syntec. Wiring isn't available, even from syntec themselve, at least not available for download. Not for dealers, not for users. No wiring schedules. What is your plan? retrofit an existing machine or tweaking the controller for an already working setup?

I would not recommend to buy a Syntec controller if you're planning on a retrofit.

Are you looking for a setup that can control servo motors for the motion of the machine? in that case i would opt for Linuxcnc with a MESA board, enabling analog control of the servo drives. If you are using a step/dir setup, i would opt for edingcnc/uccnc or the in US so popular MACH3 (the latter wouldn't be my personal choice though, but that's just an unbiased opinion, based on what is intuitive for my odd brain)

I have got 2 Chinese manuals for the controller (parameters and settings), which can be helpfull, but it's somewhat of a struggle if you can't read Chinese. The translation of Chinese to English is so-so..

I have been studying SYNTEC for almost 2 years.
    You have to become very familiar with it.. to retrofit a machine, to use it very well...
    A lot can go wrong.
    There is no one way to wire it.. and you have to become quite an expert before attempting to install it.

This is not something we can help with over the internet...

BE WARNED.. Mach3 or UCCNC, are very easy to install, compared to SYNTEC

Quote Originally Posted by Frankmali17 View Post
    I have been studying SYNTEC for almost 2 years.
    You have to become very familiar with it.. to retrofit a machine, to use it very well...
    A lot can go wrong.
    There is no one way to wire it.. and you have to become quite an expert before attempting to install it.

This is not something we can help with over the internet...

BE WARNED.. Mach3 or UCCNC, are very easy to install, compared to SYNTEC
    Thank you for your attention.
    I could wire my controller, and it works now.
    I got help someone to do that. It works very well and i think Mach3 can not be able to compare SYNTEC. I will plan to start fabricating another machine with SYNTEC controller.

Quote Originally Posted by mbarati View Post
    Thank you for your attention.
    I could wire my controller, and it works now.
    I got help someone to do that. It works very well and i think Mach3 can not be able to compare SYNTEC. I will plan to start fabricating another machine with SYNTEC controller.
    Where did you get help on the internet for this?
    Do you knopw which parameter that will vary the length of the cut? My Y is off by 1/32 with a 2 foot cut and 1/16 with a 4 foot cut.

Thanks,

Bob