584,862 active members*
5,886 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

switching from leetro to awc708c

Need help.

Can i change my leetro mpc 6535 to awc708c, is that possible or not?

Re: switching from leetro to awc708c

I just installed the awc708c and you need 24v supply. Output to the drive is +5,direction and pulse so you my driver has a plus and minus direction and pulse. 4 inputs. then normally open limit switches. Laser ps is signal(on off),PWM(power level) and ground. Ground the water terminal on the PS or the laser won't fire. Make sure water is running. Leave the stepper connection as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dean448

Can you please help me ?

I am replacing the leetro controller on my laser machine with the T9 from lightobject.

Support on their side has been close to no existent so I've managed get the controller working but for the laser where the terminal labels are very different on each controllers

I have labeled all the wires before removing the leetro and figured out most of the connections on the T9 but for the laser wiring, on the leetro these wires were connected to GND DA1 and LAS2. On the T9 Controller diagram I should connect 3 cables to TTL PWM and ground. I have connected the ground cable but I don't know how to put the other 2 on the right position can you please help me ?

Leetro manual is not helpful nor can I find anything related on google

Your help really appreciated

Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrops View Post
    Dean448

Can you please help me ?

I am replacing the leetro controller on my laser machine with the T9 from lightobject.

Support on their side has been close to no existent so I've managed get the controller working but for the laser where the terminal labels are very different on each controllers

I have labeled all the wires before removing the leetro and figured out most of the connections on the T9 but for the laser wiring, on the leetro these wires were connected to GND DA1 and LAS2. On the T9 Controller diagram I should connect 3 cables to TTL PWM and ground. I have connected the ground cable but I don't know how to put the other 2 on the right position can you please help me ?

Leetro manual is not helpful nor can I find anything related on google

Your help really appreciated

Bruno
    Ground is ground. DA means digital to analog which is a like PWM Not sure what LAS actually stands for. Guess would be laser actuation signal. There might be two. One to actuate low and the other high. So LAS would connect to IN. You probably have a water signal which goes low when water is running. Just connect water to ground as I said in my post Also TTL is like IN

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrops View Post
    Dean448

Bruno

Non existent support? Not even consider 13 times replying through emails as support? It is not our job to to help a customer to find out the pin definition of their own controller board. We support our product from inside out but we won't support 3rd party controller board without paying us to do research. Remember that you only paying the board sold from LightObject but not the services to support someone else controller board in this case the Leetro 6535. Plus, it is not a good ideas for you to carry out the upgrade without knowing laser and/or electronics. You just dumped us two pictures of your controller board and then asked us to tell how to interface the two boards, isn't it reasonable? You got to have someone knowing electronics/laser next to you and to assist you for the upgrade. Generally speaking there is not too much help can be done if you just said "it won't work, why?" FYI, we don't carry Leetro board so we don't know what is "DA" or "LA"... it is your job to find it out because it is your board. Or, ask the seller to provide you the manual about the board. We will only tell what is pin definition on our products only.

Marco
    Lightobject

Quote Originally Posted by speedythinker View Post
    Non existent support? Not even consider 13 times replying through emails as support? It is not our job to to help a customer to find out the pin definition of their own controller board. We support our product from inside out but we won't support 3rd party controller board without paying us to do research. Remember that you only paying the board sold from LightObject but not the services to support someone else controller board in this case the Leetro 6535. Plus, it is not a good ideas for you to carry out the upgrade without knowing laser and/or electronics. You just dumped us two pictures of your controller board and then asked us to tell how to interface the two boards, isn't it reasonable? You got to have someone knowing electronics/laser next to you and to assist you for the upgrade. Generally speaking there is not too much help can be done if you just said "it won't work, why?" FYI, we don't carry Leetro board so we don't know what is "DA" or "LA"... it is your job to find it out because it is your board. Or, ask the seller to provide you the manual about the board. We will only tell what is pin definition on our products only.

Marco
    Lightobject
    I think what Marco is saying is that you need to have to know something about how this works or you might damage the unit or worse yet hurt yourself. I’m sure he is willing to get you thru some advanced points but not cover the basics.
    In the end Marco you can’t choose your customers and we are all different. I didn’t use my 20 min of support so you can give it to him.

We all interpret what someone is saying in different ways. I don't think Marco is trying to pick his customers. I think what he is saying (now of course I could be seeing this incorrectly) is that if you purchased the parts from him (which obviously means they are parts that his company normally supports and they understand intimately) they have no problem offering support and explaining to you how to use these parts correctly in your machine, explaining pinouts, settings, etc. Now, if you are interfacing his parts to parts from other manufacturers (ie: parts that Marco does not sell, support, or have complete specifications and data about those parts), you should do that research yourself or attain the information (pinouts, settings, etc.) from the supplier that you bought those parts from. I think Marco is saying he is not going to do all of that research for you, nor should he be expected to.

Quote Originally Posted by cgerber View Post
    We all interpret what someone is saying in different ways. I don't think Marco is trying to pick his customers. I think what he is saying (now of course I could be seeing this incorrectly) is that if you purchased the parts from him (which obviously means they are parts that his company normally supports and they understand intimately) they have no problem offering support and explaining to you how to use these parts correctly in your machine, explaining pinouts, settings, etc. Now, if you are interfacing his parts to parts from other manufacturers (ie: parts that Marco does not sell, support, or have complete specifications and data about those parts), you should do that research yourself or attain the information (pinouts, settings, etc.) from the supplier that you bought those parts from. I think Marco is saying he is not going to do all of that research for you, nor should he be expected to.
    Thank you Cgeber we, that was exactly I wanted to say. We have no problem to support our products anytime. We listed many fundamental questions and answer in our support forum and we always referred customers to review it before email us or calling for similar questions. There are many company making laser controller and we cannot be expert to all. As long as a customer can tell us the pin definition of their card, usually we can make suggestions of how to connect. But we will not be able to answer your question if you send us a picture of how your controller look like or the model number. Sorry it is really out of scope of the sales. We can support to certain extent but not all. Sorry for my 2nd class English skill that sometimes I may not explain myself clearly to show my actual meaning of my thought

Regards
    Marco
    Lightobject

I think I should explain myself here the same way I did in LO's forum.

I already acknowledged that I should have indeed a bit more knowledge on the subject which I did not and that I indeed had support form LO Support, just that it wasn't exactly what I expected,

I had been around the machine for 3 days trying to replace the controller and was exhausted physically and mentally and what I should have said was that being around the machine counting on email support where I sent the email and reply came several hours later kind of made me disappointed with the support, so I apologize the same way I apologized on the LO forum and that is why I posted here for help.

Regarding the phone support thank you very much Dean but I also have half hour free included with the controller but I am in Europe and don't have a landline in my workshop so calling from the mobile is going to be a bit expensive so I've been trying to avoid it, It would be good if I could call on skype though

Anyway, I managed to get it working without damaging it and it seems really nice although it's not yet working 100%, but I have been getting help from support so hopefully will be ok soon.

Regards
    Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by Amine2death View Post
    Need help.

Can i change my leetro mpc 6535 to awc708c, is that possible or not?
    I think the main issue with this thread is trying to use the old power supply. You are dealing with a lot of voltage and unknown connections. I don't think there would be an issue if you replace the controller and power supply.