584,858 active members*
4,487 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > Mori Seiki Dura Vertical 40 x 20

Smile Mori Seiki Dura Vertical 40 x 20

I'm thinking about purchasing a Mori Seiki Dura Vertical 40 x 20 Model 5100. It looks pretty well built and solid when I inspected it first hand. Does any one have any experience with this machine? Any thoughts and comments about it? Also, for the owners of this machine, do you know it the Fanuc Servos and Drives are Alpha Series or are they Beta Series. Again, any info will help.

My other choices that I am comparing to are OKK, Okuma, Hwacheon. They are all priced close together.

I'm not familiar with the Hwacheon, but out of the machines you mentioned, I would say Mori is the way to go. I know their lathes are excellent...

:cheers:
    I don't know much about anything but I know a little about everything....

Quote Originally Posted by highspeedmike View Post
    I'm thinking about purchasing a Mori Seiki Dura Vertical 40 x 20 Model 5100. It looks pretty well built and solid when I inspected it first hand. Does any one have any experience with this machine? Any thoughts and comments about it? Also, for the owners of this machine, do you know it the Fanuc Servos and Drives are Alpha Series or are they Beta Series. Again, any info will help.

My other choices that I am comparing to are OKK, Okuma, Hwacheon. They are all priced close together.
    I have an older Mori mill and the thing is a monster it loves to cut i would say the "Its a mori you cant go wrong". Your OKK are good machines but i would not owne a Hwacheon after dealing where weak lathes, but i have never ran one of there mills, i have been looking into the Daewoos, and the Sharps. I have 4 Daewoo lathes and they are great i have just started reaserching the Sharps
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.