585,885 active members*
6,253 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: VF2 info

VF2 info

Hi guys
    i'm gonna buy a new vmc for aluminum and stainless steel parts.
    Just a few questions about vf 2

1 - Continuous output power for the spindle? They declare it 22 kw peak power, but what's the real continous power? 11 KW?
    2 - Linear guideways are ball or roller type?
    3 - Ball screws diameter and pitch?

Thanks

Re: VF2 info

Nobody knows?

You probably should ask the HFO to get more definite answers, but My Haas VF-2SSYT uses ball type linear guides and I think they were 35mm at least on the Z axis. The ballscrews on the SS machine are 32mm diameter and 12mm pitch according to Haas parts. I think the standard machines use 8mm pitch. I don't know what the continuous power is and it seems to be a bit of a mystery topic. I run both 304 SS and aluminum just fine and the machine suits my business well. It's a great machine, but if I were running production parts in stainless with larger tooling I would probably look for a heavier machine. I'm happy with my machine, but I suspect the longterm ROI on more expensive machines becomes more competitive when running production in tougher materials. It all comes down to your needs.

Power wise I have run the load meter in the red for many hours at a time, with just a 60amp breaker.
    I have never cared about the hp ratings as there is always a way for company's to cheat that number. How big your breaker need to be is all that matters. Tells you all you need to know.
    Gary

Haas vf2 and even the vm3 i have on the way have a 40 amp breaker in the machine. Once i learned that it put most of my power concerns to rest. I should take delivery of the vm3 next thursday. Im going to run it off a 20hp phase perfect phase converter.