585,758 active members*
4,316 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Looking for a certain HAAS service tech

Looking for a certain HAAS service tech

I did a dogpile search and found a thread on cnczone from a HAAS tech who said he cut his cnc teeth on a Leblond Makino MC40. My company just bought a new HAAS VF-6. It was delivered 2 wks ago. They also bought an old 1986 MC40 with a fanuc 6M and gave me the pleasure of putting the thing together and getting it running. So far I've had limited success, it powers up ok and home positions on all 4 axis but I don't know enough about the machine to get it to do anything else. I tried calling Leblond but since the machine was purchased used they won't talk to us unless we pay $2500.00 a year for tech help.
    I apologize for using the HAAS forum for this *#/:* machine but I saw no Leblond Makino category and I'm getting desperate.
    Thanks for any help you may have for me.

just search cnc zone for Makino MC40

just search cnc zone for Makino MC40 and the guy you're looking for pops up
    joev

Thanks joev. I tried the google search and the result just puts me in what I guess is an archive forum. I looked thru the whole thing and couldn't find the Makino guy. is there another way to search for specific text. Sorry to be so ignorant about this, I am a brand new user of cnczone.

lgreeves is the guy you are looking for

you can search under the members list for "lgreeves" and send a private message from there

lgreeves
    05-30-2006, 12:50 PM
    Hello,
    I am near Tulsa, Oklahoma. I am operating a Flow 5axis Abrasive Waterjet. I cut my CNC teeth on a LeBlond Makino MC40, FNC74, and MC1210. I enjoy machining.

Hi everybody , Im looking for some info , but can not find it on the web.

I need the data sheet for a Pm servo motor EG & G torque System MODEL NO:ME4257 118E. It s mounted on a VF1 haas mill.

Any help please.

Quote Originally Posted by cadcamsolutions View Post
    Hi everybody , Im looking for some info , but can not find it on the web.

I need the data sheet for a Pm servo motor EG & G torque System MODEL NO:ME4257 118E. It s mounted on a VF1 haas mill.

Any help please.

That is probably worth it's own thread. You'll get more direct response that way.

(chair)
    Tim