Scanning around the net, I was unable to find a list of intermediate to higher level CAD software suppliers that DO NOT sell their products by subscription only. I am curious if anyone has a start on this list yet.

I just can't risk having someone else lock up my tech data if they: get lazy/get sloppy/get indifferent/go under or heavens-sakes the infinitesimally small chance they would ever get greedy. Not to mention carrier network problems, weather or broad region problems like earthquakes/hurricanes/unrest etc.

Just because someone else is having technical problems is not a reason for me to shut down activities that others depend on.

I recently asked one machining software company if they had a premium version that didn't need to connect to the Internet to perform its calculations. (I was willing to pay extra.) His immediate, condescending answer was "Well then XXXXXXXXXX software just isn't for you, now isn't it?" Hmmm, I'm glad he outed his true level of concern for his customers' prior to my Benjies flying out of my wallet ... usually I learn those lessons after Elvis has left the building.

(You know the difference between a used car salesman and a software salesman? A used car salesman KNOWS when he is lying to you. Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

All suggestions / details / comments welcome!

Best regards,

Bruce