584,830 active members*
5,623 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

emergency stop problem, unstable

I am running Mach 3, with KSI labs Centipede, Granite devices VSD-E drives, 3 axis homemade router, with Adept slides. What I have tried to do is make sure that I don't have the HV power on until Mach3 is booted. I have done that by installing a switch on the panel. I go out boot up Mach3 with estop in and then switch on the HV and everything works. Now on shutting down I switched off the HV and shut down Mach3. Here is what the problem is, I then try to get the machine running again and cannot get rid of the estop warning page that says either the estop or the limits are open. Here is the question. When I power up the HV, also 115vac goes to the BRK board. What does the 115vac do when it goes to the BRK board, what does it control. How do you set up your machines that this doesn't happen? Should I separate the 115 from the HV and add another switch? I should be able to turn off the servos and not have any estop problems, well that is not the case. So far, when the HV power is powered up after Mach3 is booted, I haven't had any runaway axis', so that is good, but there is this estop problem. If I switched on the 115vac to the BRK board without HV power, would that solve the estop problem. Also, do the granite drives have some sort of auto-estop trigger when HV power is lost? Please help. Please tell me the sequence that one should power up machines without this happening. Any help would be appreciated. Bob.

Re: emergency stop problem, unstable

Can you post a link to the BRK board? I could not find it with Google.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

OK, Sergey, at KSi labs, answered my SOS and made me aware that there is 115vac to the brk. board. The way that it wired now is that when I power up the 144VDC, the 115vac is also powered up to the brk board and he said that the 115vac to the brk. board should be powered up first. I already have a switch for the HV. so I am going to separate the 115vac. that goes to the brk. board and make sure that is powered before the HV comes on line, he said that should solve my problem. It makes sure that the proper signal is already established and Mach3 is booted before the HV is powered up. I will post another post if I am still having problems with the Estop, thanks, Bob https://www.ksilabs.com/pub/BRK-manual-3.0.1.pdf

The estop and limit switch triggered warnings have gone away. What I did was isolate the HV circuit and installed a switch. I isolated the computer and monitor, with a switch. I also isolated the Centipede Brk. Board and 10 vdc power, with a switch. The sequence is this. Boot the computer and monitor, load Mach3, then switch on the Brk. board and 10 vdc power, and then last, switch on HV. I have powered up and shut down 3 times with no errors, so I believe the problem has been solved by isolating these items, and thank you very much for every ones' help and if I have any other problems, I will not hesitate to return with my problems, thanks again, Robert Brown