585,743 active members*
5,254 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Linde CM-56

Linde CM-56

I am currently setting up a CM-56 and am without a manual. I require electrical diagrams as well as technical information relating to the machine. If anyone has any information or is familiar with this machine, their input would greatly be appreciated.

One of the problems I find myself facing with this machine is the fact that the knurled drive wheels do not seem to provide enough drive and end up slipping leading to both wear on the wheel and on the drive track(a piece of angle-iron). If anyone has retrofit this type of machine with a better drive system, I would like to hear about the way in which this design was improved(it's not that hard to improve such a fragile system).

As well if anyone has any leads on where I might find a CM-56 manual, I would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGalto View Post
    I am currently setting up a CM-56 and am without a manual. I require electrical diagrams as well as technical information relating to the machine. If anyone has any information or is familiar with this machine, their input would greatly be appreciated.

One of the problems I find myself facing with this machine is the fact that the knurled drive wheels do not seem to provide enough drive and end up slipping leading to both wear on the wheel and on the drive track(a piece of angle-iron). If anyone has retrofit this type of machine with a better drive system, I would like to hear about the way in which this design was improved(it's not that hard to improve such a fragile system).

As well if anyone has any leads on where I might find a CM-56 manual, I would appreciate it.
    Can you post pictures of the drive system? ESAB Most likely has the manuals you need. I have some older Linde welding machines. I needed a manual for one of them & sent in an email request. Within 24 hr. they sent me a PDF file containing the entire 45 page manual for the machine.
    If it works.....Don't fix it!

This is one I did a couple of years ago, see post#12 http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread...ighlight=rosta
    With the existing knurled wheels, they have to be replaced so often, also the air pressure is important, I replaced the system with rack and pinion (Boston Gear).
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.