584,817 active members*
4,810 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions
Page 1 of 14 12311

Smile Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions

:wave:
    I would like to start a new thread Regarding the SYNTEC Controller, that is finding it's way in the USA marker.

It is usually found on CNC Routers... and can be configured in many different ways.

Sadly, Once you get the machine you paid for.. the manufacturers overseas are not much help.

While SYNTEC is a huge company, and the Controller seems quite robust and industrial, there is very little support.

SYNTEC manufacturer does not respond to any inquiries..
    Documentation is outdated, poorly translated, and unreliable.

I would like to suggest all SYNTEC users to share their experiences, input, questions, and resources on this Thread.

This community will probably be your best chance for advice.

Good luck to us all ! :wave:

FrankMali17 - SYNTEC 6MB on CNC Router with ATC Spindle and Linear Tools
    Using SYNTEC since 2015

Re: Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions

I have a Syntec 6ma controller. It seems to be a very good controller. The only issue I have had with this is that there is something wrong somewhere,(maybe the ladder), doing a tool change in inch mode. When I got the machine (used), the previous owner was strictly running metric. We only run in inch mode. Changing the machine from metric to inch was a piece of cake. Very simple. However, when trying to do a tool change in inch mode, the gantry does not move to the correct position. It works wonders in metric mode, but it just won't locate properly over the tool in inch mode. What I have ended up doing was modified a post processor to output a "G71" immediately before each tool change and a "G70" immediately after the change.

Hey Mike,
    That is a clever "solution" for your tool change.
    Do you have a linear toolchanger?...

Actually, it's the Tool Change Macro is what handles the mm/inch part ....
    It looks at what mode it's in, and records that data to a registry bit.. then right before exiting the Macro.. it should revert it back.

These Macros are written by your machine manufacturer to an extent.. since every machine can be set up differently.

Do you know how to "backup" your Macros, and Ladder files to a flash drive?

I would like to look study them/look at them... and maybe offer you further insight...

How many tools do you run?

Does your [F5] Button do anything?

My toolchange macro works fine for changing the tools.. and if I have [F5] pressed, it will remeasure the tool.

It works OK during a cutting file... but if I'm in MDI mode, and I want to remeasure a tool, after I replaced a bit... I have to manually change to "mm" mode in the "setup" menu.. otherwise I get alarms/errors...

- - - Updated - - -

Mike,
    Are your [F4] button set up for anything?...
    How about the "Air Blow" or "Coolant/Mist"?

My Syntec has a M70 and M71 in the toolchange Macro.. but my machine doesn't seem to respond to it...

Anyone else's machine use M70/M71?

M50/M51 are used for the ATC spindle Tool Un-clamp/ Tool Clamp

M175/M176 are for the dust hood.

Anyone else have any insight?

How to use Synetc Linear ATC cnc router work
    https://youtu.be/1pXwiy8H6ik

Hi Frank. I have downloaded all the data from the machine to a desktop. I have the tool change macro as T0001 or something like that. My F5 button does a tool touch off of the height probe. When during a program, I have m71, m6 t2, m70. The probe routine must be built into the tool change macro or even a subprogram call from within the macro, because the controller still shows m6 t2 during this whole routine. I am pretty happy with the controller, but not so much with the machine. We built a new spindle mount out of thicker materials, built a horizontal mount for the spindle, tightened everything up and adjusted. Currently I am machining a complete new table top from aluminum to replace the vacuum top. Pretty pumped about the new table. No vacuum, but I will be able to mount kurt vises and other attachments. I have a 12" Chuck for a 4th axis, but the controller is only 3 axis. I just swap the wiring from the x axis.

I have a linear tool changer with 8 stations. Station 8 has a pointed edgefinder in it. I use it to get xyz zero. If I change tools in mdi mode I need to use g71, m6t2,g70, if I want to touch probe I turn on f5. I think my other response said m70/71, but should read g70/71.
    I would like the tool change macro to run at 100% rapid. Right now, it runs at 50%, and everything is correct and working properly, so no need for the slower rate.
    We run plastics and aluminum so I have removed the dust hood and we use the F1 button now for spindle air cooling only. No vacuum, no dust hood. I will try to post a video of the horizontal head we built cutting pipe threads on some 3" cpvc pipe.

I'm curious to know what exact steps you need to take to adjust the ladder file to connect a pneumatic valve to the breakout-board and control it with the correct M code.

Another thing; my machine comes with an inline-ATC (it should arrive in January, can't wait), but the z-axis calibration sits on the front left of the machine (typical for a carousel ATC). Are the XY coordinates of this device stored in a macro or in the parameters of the controller?

Serum,
    WELCOME to the discussion.

If your machine is being made... you should be asking them to set this up already. IMHO Remember, SYNTEC can be individually set up uniquely by each author...

It's been a battle to get any Ladder editor software.. and nevermind the documentation.. in English... Modifying any of this right of the bat.. will probably end any support/warranty from China, as soon as they realize it.
    Also... I expected a 16 output control board on mine.. as seems to be specked out with SYNTEC Brochures.. but instead got an 8 output one... all used up except for one.

How Much experience do you have with Syntec... or other controller system?

I'm pretty sure the Tool sensor position is typically stored in the parameters... it was in my case.

I know about the syntec closed system in terms of support, and most of it being in Chinese. My supplier also has a hard time getting information from them. (he asked me to change it myself, machine is en-route and should arrive the 5th of January) I received some info/software from my supplier, i've forwarded this to MikeDK, since i don't have the machine or experience with syntec i think he would be a better catalyst for this info than i am.

The machine i've ordered uses a 9kw hsd spindle, 850W yaskawa servo's with shimpo reducers, 30mm pmi rails on x/y/z and a vacuum-table of 1500x3000mm. It's using a 8 pcs inline ATC and the Syntec 6MA controller. (i now understand that the 6MD is needed to get the full potential from the Yaskawa drivers, since the 6MD is capable of communicating serial data with these drivers. I don't know if the 6MA/MB just work with step/dir, i don't hope so. Can anyone confirm?

About your control-board; is it using 8 or 16 relays like mine? (perhaps 2 relays per port, which equals 8 ports)? (see picture)

I do have experience with edingcnc, No ATC, but it's a manual mill converted to CNC. (this is what got me into this hobby in the first place) here is it being used cutting an aluminum part for a sliding door i made in our home; (don't mention the facing-opp, it's ridicilous, but it was giving the best finish with this particular mill)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWPpp5HeSc0&t

I'm currently working on another machine with the edingcnc controller. (Was leaning towards uccnc, to be honest, but since i like the edingcnc I went that route)
    Attached a few pictures of both the machine that is on its way and a machine that i'm currently collecting and making parts for. (they are made on the machine in the above youtube link)
    Can't wait to dive into this! My current fulltime daytime-job is changing to part-time for 2018, so I have some extra time for my hobbies!

Hello Serum,
    Your picture shows the larger Output board, that has 16 relays... potentially controlling 16 outputs.
    Mine output board is actually a smaller version, which I didn't know it even existed, since all documentation or brochures about SYNTEC always show a 16 relay board...
    There is another Output Port, and an extra input port also.. But None seems interested in selling me one.
    The guy that is supposed to be supporting and representing SYNTEC in the US.. fell off the face of the planet... as soon as I told him that I want to buy one of each, input and output, boards.

I have the Syntec 6MB.. (4 axis) and I am not an expert.. but it comunicates very well with Yaskawa setups. From What I studied and seen, That is the major different with an industrial controller such as these,..
    The controller doesn't just send out step and direction pulses... the controller actually looks at the feedback...
    SO it's not just going to get an alarm from the Driver.. if the driver sees the motor fall behind.

There are actually parameters in SYNTEC that fine tune such details.

In my experience, the people who put the machines together.. get a bunch of basic, preconfigured setups.. and go with that... and don't seem to know as much as you would expect.

Yaskawa is a great pairing with SYNTEC and they have preconfigured files they recommend for the two to work together.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you planning to cut with the ATC machine?

Are you in the USA?

For the eding controller I am using these output boards to control a few things (spindle on/reverse, coolant)
    The nice thing about these is that you can use them any way you'd like; the relay has both a NO and NC connection, and the input can be either switched to high/low (in my case of the edingcnc controller, active is low, open collector if memory serves wel)

They cost next to nothing;
    https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-S...693793910.html

I'm in the Netherlands, visited the states a few times when we didn't had kids. (NY, Vermont, Maine, and in Canada, montreal, California, Utah, Nevada, Arizona) I do like the US for the diversity in nature and the relaxed atmosphere on the road. (it's a great part of the holiday, so that left a positive imprint, except for LA, traffic is about as anti-social as in our country Intention is to visit again when the boys are older.

Plan is to cut plywood, himacs/corian, MDF and aluminium.

Hey Guys...
    Just an Update.
    I have been working on Reverse Engineering and Mapping out inputs and outputs.
    Most of my work has been focused on Syntec's PLC
    The use of Inputs and Outputs.. and C-bits, S-bits... etc..
    I'm getting to the point I have most of it "mapped" out and identified.

I will be adding/changing things in the Ladder... to enable buttons/functions that do not work currently.

Does anyone know how I can get the 16 relay output board for SYNTEC 6MB?

Did you contacted the supplier of your machine? Did you considered buying the relays i've suggested?

Hello SYNTEC USERS ! :wave: I NEED YOUR HELP!

If you have a SYNTEC Controlled machine, weather 6MB or 6MA, I need your help.

As you all know by now, the support or documentation is very poor at best.

I have been working for quite some time, to compile data, Collect any documentation, etc...
    I have also been Analyzing MACROs and their syntax, as Well as the PLC Ladder Structure, and Syntec operations.
    I have been working on identifying common inputs/outputs, C-bit, S-Bits, etc... and their DEFINITIONS

This is exhaustive work.. but will allow for significant upgrades, expansions, or even corrections to SYNTEC Machines.

I NEED YOUR HELP! :wave:

If you could please share your SYNTEC BACKUP with me...
    I'm looking to see other examples of MACROS, Parameter setups, And "ladder.cnc" Files.
    Some of you will know exactly what I'm talking about.. and others.. : Just do a backup of your system.. through the typical system maintnance screen... onto a flash drive.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE, EVERYONE. :cheers:

Hello Serum...
    I have reached out to CHina.. the machine producer.. waiting and waiting...
    I sent email to SYNTEC in Taiwan,.. Waiting.

I saw your suggestion.. as well as some others...
    I would prefer a board that will connect through a 20 pin cable..
    Inputs 0 to 15 are directly reflected by the 16 input board... Same goes for the output board..
    It will keep things clean and simple.. If I can go that route.
    I'm still working on it :-)

I have attached my tool change macro. I renamed it with a .txt extension to upload. This macro is for a linear tool changer. It works great in metric mode, but not in inch mode. The only way I can get it to run correctly in inch mode is to modify my program to insert a G71 (metric mode) before the tool change and a G70 (inch mode) after the tool change. I would like to also modify the macro so that the machine will change tools at 100% rapids. Currently, everything runs at 50% rapids.

Don't know much about programming, but going through your macro shows 2 times an F value, one of F3000 and F800, The F3000 and 800 both seem to be related to the G31, straight probing. and an F#6, the #6 is to be a value of 50 when searching the document. Perhaps that #6 value represents a percentage of the feed. There is some legenda behind the #6 value (a line is not used when // is used in front of it, so it's the line with // #6 , try to translate that from chinese text behind to english. (the texteditor i'm using doesn't show chinese signs, tried adding the chinese language on my mac, but no luck).

@frankmali; just as blue elephant cnc or Omni CNC, they have been very helpful to me.

Page 1 of 14 12311