584,808 active members*
5,016 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions
Page 6 of 14 45678

Re: Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller Discussions

Yes, it is fast indeed! It's now accelerating at 0,42G, which is too fast for my likings, my current other machine did 3m/min, so this is a huge upgrade. I think i'll tame it down a bit to ~30m/min with the same acceleration, to save the mechanics a bit.

@xjdubber; Do you have a tool setup menu under coordinate setup? in that case you can do a delta-z calibration of the Z axis in the selected/active coordinate system. If the tool measurement location isn't set right, you can easily change it within that menu as well (x/y offset) If it asks for a password it's 520. I just moved my tool-setter from the front to the back of the machine and used this setting to setup the x/y coordinates of the tool.

if this is the case, and you do have a tool setup menu, it's just a matter of moving the spindle to the appropriate location, and choose the x/y button in this menu. it then automatically stores the then used x/y coordinates.

Entire procedure would be as follow
    -F3>F3, (doing this without a machine in front of me, you need to go to the tool offset/measurement menu)
    -jog to the right location where the toolsetter is
    -adjust x/y in that menu (use 520 as passcode)
    -change the tool number to the right tool (just select 'tool no', punch in the number followed by 'enter')
    -press start (f1)
    -after measurement go to the top of your stock (G54 is automatically active/selected) if not, change it to G54.
    -hit 'z delta' to set the Z0 height for your G54. All tools will follow from that, so you don't need a 'reference tool', which is not needed at all btw..

Attached the used macro's. I can't find the location where the tools are stored though, i expected them to be in G999, since the tools are stored by typing G999T1XxxxxYxxxxZxxxx etc.

Hey ALL... SERUM
    Serum seems to have quite a bit of experience and some engineering backround... especially when he talks about how many G's his machine is pulling..
    Serum, is that a calculation you did on your own or do you know this some other way..

I have 1.3kw Servos on my machine.. but I limit Rapids to 1500ipm.. and cutting to 700ipm... I'm in INCHES...
    I know I can probably step that up.. but I feel the machine moves very fast for me anyway.. FASTER than I can ever do work...
    I drive my car fast.. but the machine, I'm a little more concerned if something were to go wrong.. and feel like i can reduce some wear and tear this way...

I had to figure out manually my tool height sensor postion, and enter it into I think the "4th" reference parameter for X-axis and Y-axis...
    I'm not in front of the machine.. so I cant tell you the Parameter #, this was on my 6MB...

When going to "OFFSETS" menu.. there are some options under tool offsets.. but the documentation is non-existant, or very poor... SO I had to find a way to set up my Z-ZERO..
    in a different way.. and all my tools follow that by using the tool height compensation commands in the program.. via the G43 H# way.
    I think parameter 3411 was where the Z-axis different between the top of the Vacuum plenum and tool sensor top I stored.

I had to figure these things out with the help of MPG wheel...

HEY XJDUBBER !
    Quote Originally Posted by xjdubber View Post
    Hi all

Im trying to find out how to change coordinate variables on the Syntec control. Im sorting out some issues on a omni router with and 11mb control on it. The tool height sensor location was never set quite right on the control it uses coordinate variables 26061, 26062, and 26063 for X,Y,Z locations. I tried trough mdi to change the variable by entering #26061=(new value) and executing but it comes up with illegal variable access. I can view the coordinates under diag ---> global coordinates, but cant seem to change the values there either. anyone have suggestion? these also do not seem to show up under the parameter section.
    I may be wrong.. but those variables 26061 etc... seem like "modal" variables that would be used by your Macros...
    I wonder if in your TOOLCHANGE macro.. you can adjust those...
    or maybe create a macro program that would write and update those Variables...

This may be best advised on by SYNTEC ENGINEER... or Maybe he can share other suggestions for this.

( Any advice we give each other here in the forum.. rather the PM.. can go further.. by allowing more than one person to view the info )

Hey SERUM.. HEY All...

And Here is an Example of How every Machine is set up differently by all the "authors/companies"
    AND even more reason we will need each others help and knowledge...

I looked at SERUM's T0000 Macro...
    His Machine Uses M86 and M87 for 'dust hood - Up and dust hood - DOWN"

If there aren't proper notes/comments (which there is usually very few and poor ones) it is very difficult if at all possible for Even a SYNTEC ENGINEER to help..
    Because it's like having to think in "SYNTEC"s own language.. and also being able to read the mind of the author of the macros...

THANK you for SHARING SERUM...
    Every time I get to look at some of these I learn something new...

You have a bunch of odd looking additional macros... Some are designed for the tool measuring process..

If you figure out how.. .I'd love to get a look at your ladder file..

I have noticed some M24, M22, M21 codes... etc... makes me curious.

Yours doesn't seem to be setup up.. to be able to know to measure tools after and ATC change...
    My Macro is like 10 times longer...

Hello SYNTEC Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by SyntecEngineer View Post
    I am fairly sure you are correct in having to reset the parameters if you do do an update on the core system, and so if you wish to avoid that I would probably keep what you have. Regardless I am going to triple check to find out if the updates will change anything and I will let you know as soon as I have either tried it or found out. As for the apps where are you getting the eHMI download from?

or if you want Frank just pm me your email and I can get you what you need to run eHMI. I warn you it does take some figuring out.
    Thank you for your Participation :wave:

I was able to get some stuff.. and got the MCLEdit program to work... and have been analyzing my Ladder file... and studying it.. to learn more about SYNTEC.
    This prepares me to make some additions and modifications.

I have seen brochures.. as well as a vietnamese download site..

Is there a program called "Open CNC Macro" still in use...
    It looks like you can load your macros into it.. and edit them.. maybe test them...
    If I can get it.. and any instructions to install/set it up.. and any documentation in english to use it.. that would be great.

I also noticed and read about additional screens.. other users of 6MB had...
    I know there is an app.. called
    "Open Human-Machine Interface Editing Software - eHMI"
    Is there a way I can get it with any documentation?

I run a windows 10 laptop...

PM if you preffer, with any instructions or info..

I check this forum almost every day...

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE...

Ok so now I've got a little bit to go trough, I think I know the screen that serum is talking about but when i set my xyz coordinates there they do not work in the coordinates used in the macro. I think your right Frankmali17 that they are modal coordinates, I just cant seem to find a way of editing them.

I'll reply more thorough, but here is the ladder file;
    Attached Files Attached Files

xjdubber curious are you saying that Serum's solution did not fix your issue? That is definitely the way to set the location and the Z.

But if you're going about it another way those variables you mentioned are usually restricted to change in mdi, macro, ect. But they are read/writable. #26061 ~ #26078 corresponds to Pr2841~2858. Those variables are the 4th reference position on the control. I think those parameter locations should be all you need to make the changes you are asking for.

Frank I'm gonna email the program to you. I believe I have your email on file from an order you made. Last I heard the app you're requesting is still under development, and so the manuals are going to be limited. I remember a few struggles learning it myself. None the less it should let you do any basic to moderate customization on it.

Syntec Engineer...
    Are you talking about the I/O boards I ordered?...
    I'm exited to get them...
    While we have to take care of everyday work/business.... I have some cool modifications I want to implement into the machine design.. and of course the Controller Setup...

Thank you for any info/support.

Serum... Do you mind sharing pictures of inside of your control Cabinet?
    do you have TWO 16 input boards.. (so it seems from your ladder file)

Hello Serum...
    I took a look at page # 1 in this Thread.. Orange/Silver Machine...
    Who is the Manufacturer...
    Are they using a lot of Aluminum?.. or is that silver paint over steel?

Looks like a nice machine.. with extended gantry for the more travel to the sides...

What is your thoughts on the machine you received so far?...

I took a look at your ladder...
    about 25% larger file than mine...
    I'm not sure if I can judge it correctly... it's either more advanced.. or more confused...
    But one thing is for sure... a different author started it.. and further added onto it...
    At some point.. even if it's a bit inefficient.. nobody wants to start it from scratch...they just keep adding on...

I hope all is working out as you hoped...
    Thank You very much for sharing.

Another thing confirmed is that each machine is unique... and the author usually doesn't spend the time, to plan out and label all the comment areas.. (not even in Chinease)...
    That is probably more desired by us hobbyists... but sadly.. a little while from now.. even the original author will probably have trouble modifying/updating these ladders...
    There is no way you could possibly keep all the variables in your memory and get them confused.

- - - Updated - - -

SyntecEngineer..
    In case you need it, my email is:
    [email protected]

thanks
    Frankmali17

@frank; i'll upload the details on the cabinet this Friday, but there is only 1pc 16 channel relay-board. Cabinet is very neat and tight.
    About the structure. It's all steel, no aluminum

Can you figure out what F5 does on the control-panel? it makes a non connected relay click, but i have no idea what's behind it. I want to use M8 / M9 to activate/deactivate the coolant option, i could use that relay behind F5. is it easy to adjust the ladderfile?

My machine doesn't do an automatic tool-measuring after a change, you need to do it manually from the tool-offset menu for each individual tool (I like it that way)

Quote Originally Posted by SyntecEngineer View Post
    xjdubber curious are you saying that Serum's solution did not fix your issue? That is definitely the way to set the location and the Z.

But if you're going about it another way those variables you mentioned are usually restricted to change in mdi, macro, ect. But they are read/writable. #26061 ~ #26078 corresponds to Pr2841~2858. Those variables are the 4th reference position on the control. I think those parameter locations should be all you need to make the changes you are asking for.
    Hi SyntecEngineer,

I looked at serum's tool change macro, the one from the machine is about 2 to 3 pages longer, has some comments in english and some in chinese (i guess) hard to follow. What i do know is that when it moves to the location of the tool setting device it references these variables as the location. I have had a hard time getting back to the customer with this machine, and thus have not been able to check on it. Another problem I'm having with the same machine is IO transmision errors. I can see the LED flicker on the relay board for some time and then go out. the controller uses RIO im guessing there is an noise issue with the communication or a bad RIO module if you have any thoughts on this, it would be much appreciated as well...

Quick question;

what do you use for lubricating the rack/pinion and the lineair rails? Mine came with an automatic oiler, i'm reading different stories. Some use oil, others (like Multicam cnc's) advice to use lithium grease. (also on the faster machines running 2500ipm, which is rather fast for a CNC, but slow for lineair rails). My rack/pinion is mounted upside down, to avoid dust from falling in. I think the automatic oiler might not be the best idea, since it's rather mess. And not ideal for the angle that the sliders are mounted in (only the lower rows get lubed). Unless you soak them, but this would mean leakage from the rails.

The balls will circulate trough the linear block, so I don't think its an issue where the oil and or grease is as it will circulate trough the block. When I worked for a Multicam distributor they advised to grease the blocks but coat the rails with oil. I would find the part number on the bearings and find the manufacturers instruction. Depending on what you are using your machine for dust can become a real issue I find. Wood dust would slowly work its way into blocks depending on the wipers of the block and make a mess. It was worse with plasma machines though, they'd make a nice polishing compound.

Quote Originally Posted by serum View Post
    @frank; i'll upload the details on the cabinet this Friday, but there is only 1pc 16 channel relay-board. Cabinet is very neat and tight.
    About the structure. It's all steel, no aluminum

Can you figure out what F5 does on the control-panel? it makes a non connected relay click, but i have no idea what's behind it. I want to use M8 / M9 to activate/deactivate the coolant option, i could use that relay behind F5. is it easy to adjust the ladderfile?

My machine doesn't do an automatic tool-measuring after a change, you need to do it manually from the tool-offset menu for each individual tool (I like it that way)
    Hello Serum...
    I was wondering if there are Two INPUT boards.. ?

About F5.. I will take a look...
    But your ladder seemed very very "busy" or "confusing" ..

SERUM...
    About [F5]
    Right Now it's connected to "09"...
    When you press it.. it probably stays on.. and the LED next to it lights...
    In other words it "latches"... untill you press it again, and it unlatches...

In you ladder.. I found a comment linked to 09...
    It says "推料" Which is translated to... "Pusher" or maybe "pushing material"

So I don't know your machine.. but does it have anything to do with that roller in the front?.. is anything connected to it?...

About the coolant On/OFF Button... Please look at the picture..
    I consider the Circled button to be for Coolant On and Coolant Off...

Also, Most of us would associate M8 as Coolant On.. and M9 as Coolant OFF.. Agreed?

A lot of things inside the ladders happen very inderectly.. and bounce around the signals...

Your Ladder is 557 lines long.. so its a lot to look at...
    From what I can tell.. that button is linked to eventually actuating O7....
    That should be the relay marked 07 on your output board... Please Verify.. (it should be the 8th relay from the left... because the first one is actually relay "zero" )

Now here comes the strange part.. .(at least to me) someone chose to link that/set it up... to control a vacuum pump... at least that's what I can tell from the notes...
    Do you control your vacuum pump with that button?.. or does at least that relay connect somehow to it?..

Let me know.. just for my curiosity.

Here is the picture I was talking about.

I have to say.. that especially since I'm not at your machine... I would not feel comfortable modifying your ladder...

There is way to many other variables someone else set up.. that I could disturb.. .
    Your machine maker should be helping you to set up that button correctly..
    and if your machine uses vacuum pumps.. there should be another button you both agree on.. like button [F5] that controls the vacuum

Also... additional ladder code would have to be created to recognize M8 and M9.. and to activate the correct relay for coolant control inside GCODE you may run.

By The way.. relays O10, O11, O13... seem to be unused right now.

Good Luck!
    Frankmali17

Page 6 of 14 45678