584,812 active members*
5,575 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

How do you buy these Chinese Routers

Hi,

I would like to purchase a CNC router and see that the Chinese ones are a lot less expensive. I found a machine I would love to buy, but they suggested a wire transfer. I went to the bank to ask about the securities and they basically said that I would be an idiot (not in those words) to send anyone a wire transfer internationally. I am sure that other people have been buying them from the united states and receiving a product. My question is how are people buying these machines from China and how do I go about doing this safely. Should I start looking for another company if they suggested a wire transfer?

Re: How do you buy these Chinese Routers

Most China company accept payment as bellows:
    Payment Options -Wire Transfer, PAYPAL, Cash and More

Unless they take PayPal I wouldn't deal with them. I have bought some stuff directly from China, but always use PayPal. A credit card might be OK, at least you would have some protection, but I'm not sure how that works internationally. Ebay would be my choice of a place to buy, rather than buying direct. Have a broker handle the shipping and import work. You might be better to buy a machine from a US vendor, maybe a bit more expensive but at least you have somebody local to scream at when everything goes south.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

If you choose small account, Paypal is good choice, when cnc total price is bigger, Paypal charge is high. It is more important to choose good suppler rather than payment way in fact.

Buy from a USA Vender with support, Automation Technologies in Chicago. The one I just purchased worked right out of the box and no issues. The spindle is only controlled off the VFD keyboard but that is not an issue for me. I did purchase the UC400ETH motion controller which I would highly recommend. Lets Mach3 work off Any (not Mac) computer with a CAT5 connection, with buffers built in. Runs my 6040 router without issues.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

There are reputable manufactures over there, and there are less reputable ones too, as there are over here. Just make sure to buy from a bigger well known and established company. One way to find one is maybe use the site alibaba, and narrow your cnc search by the filters they have such as total revenue, assessed supplier, trade assurance, and others.
    Also look at their web presence and how much good stuff there is on them on sites like this one.
    I bought a Roctech, imported it myself, and didn't have any problem except the time to delivery was longer than anyone figured. Others like Omni Tech and AccTek maybe good too.
    Good luck!