I have a plasma table build I am doing its been a while I just completed the electronics I using a vital systems with gecko drive g203v with stepper nmea 34 model kl34h295 motor s
My question I set them up on the bench just sitting there they get hot 200 deg hot they work just fine the drives are on a heat sink and only get room temp I just thought That hot for motors is nuts everything I see and view them all tell me its normal I sould have went with servos
My second question I using mach 4 everything seems to work I am just confused what to use in the motor settings theirs one for the vital plugin and one in Mach 4
I am going to shortly mount the motors to the gantry I would think the steel will suck up some motor heat I have to rember not to leave this thing on when not in use I never shut my computers off
I did make the whole thing from scratch I made the gantray and y fully adjustable still have to make the water pan its setup to just slide one on the table I also made my own gear drives I have a youtube site https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31DvxrYPFUI&t=29s called koollakes with a video of the table and gear drive builds on the page. I haven’t loaded the electronics yet I just hope this thing moves good enough to cut nice I am new to cnc not fabrication or wireing so next I need to figure out how to load the codes and what to use to make the drawings to put in sheet cam I have. I am a computer guy so the computer stuff is no problem I just never used the software. last thing I want to use a hyper therm I wish I had 3 phase I have to settle for an 85 or 65 unit I have a miller I might just try for now or put a scribe on it to see it work first befor spending more money on this thing
Any input any one has would be nice good or bad no problem
Thanks jeff c