584,861 active members*
4,813 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > MACH3- windows xbox wireless - windows 10 64bit plugins not working

MACH3- windows xbox wireless - windows 10 64bit plugins not working

Hello, I just rebuilt an older CNC and am trying to get the xbox controller to work with it. I have installed the xbox dongle (genuine), the computer sees the controller when I access it and calibrate so I think that part is good. I installed ( separately ) both xbox plugins and both of them bring up an error that the plugin is defective - ignoring. I made sure direct x is up to date, I tried to add a piece of software that was recommended to make it work from the documentation included but that file is too old and won't run on my computer. Assuming it should work without it. Anyone run into a solution or is the plugin maybe just to old for a newer windows 10 operating system ? I really need help, I've read read everything I could find but nothing has helped. It won't even load into the plugin list.. Would great fully appreciate any advice. Sincerely, Michael

Re: MACH3- windows xbox wireless - windows 10 64bit plugins not working

The solution on your problem is to make your gamepad a keyboard by using this >>> https://joytokey.net/en/ if you want the full version with a CNC button config file PM me

I thought mach3 is only 32bit.

Quote Originally Posted by naspc View Post
    Yes it`s a 32 bit software but can be run on windows 10 64 bit operating system.

Quote Originally Posted by KH0UJ View Post
    Yes it`s a 32 bit software but can be run on windows 10 64 bit operating system.
    I understand 32bit software can run on a 64bit system but when the developer is adamant about it not working on a 64bit system

This is from their website:

Mach3 Minimum Recommended Requirements:

Requirements if using the parallel port for machine control:
    • Desktop PC (Laptops are not supported) with at least one parallel port
    • 32-bit version of Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (64-bit versions will not work)
    • 1Ghz CPU
    • 512MB RAM
    • Non-integrated Video Card with 32MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)

Requirements if using an external motion device for machine control:
    • An appropriate external motion controller (options can be found on the Plugins page)
    • Desktop or Laptop with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
    • 1Ghz CPU
    • 512MB RAM
    • Video Card with 32MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)

Ok maybe it`s not updated anymore? because when I compared the two together (Windows XP SP3 32 bit / Windows 10 pro 64 bit Licensed) they both flawlessly working fine without hiccups, so I guess windows 10 had a better backward compatibility functions then?

I am running 64bit Windows 10 and so is my friend who's been using mach3 for several years. I think windows 10 seems to be able to do that better than some of the older software. There is also compatibility mode for debugging any issues but it seems to run flawlessly under 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by cabinman View Post
    I am running 64bit Windows 10 and so is my friend who's been using mach3 for several years. I think windows 10 seems to be able to do that better than some of the older software. There is also compatibility mode for debugging any issues but it seems to run flawlessly under 10 x64
    For some reason I cannot upload a ZIP file here in CNCZONE sir

it`s only 864 Kb file size, but it`s not letting me do it.

Edit: ohh sorry I think it got through hehe, just install the installer and copy/paste the CNCmill.cfg on the installed keyboard to joystick in the program files, put the shortcut file to the start-up in windows so that every time you start your PC it will automatically run itself, or you can simply just click it before running MACH3, kinda hassle on my side, that`s why I put mine on the start-up folder so that there`s no forgetting stuff when I start MACH3

This is how I configure mine, FRO buttons are very useful if you experience hard materials, you can just push the FRO- button to throttle down the machine, and throttle up if you feel the machine is kinda a underload, shift button is essential too, @ 2% jog mode set in mach3 you can speed up to 100% by just holding the shift button configured on the controller while driving the cursors, it`s going to speed up @ 100% jog mode, release it then it`s back to 2%, it` very useful to reposition the toolbit in the table, Zero on the material and so on and so forth it`s fully customisable buttons, meaning all the controls that you want is in your hands

Quote Originally Posted by cabinman View Post
    I am glad i found this thread! Time to upgrade! Thanks everyone, and Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by naspc View Post
    If you are using the parallel port, then it will only work with a 32 bit version of Windows, 7 or older.

Mach3 will run in a 64 bit OS, but the parallel port driver will not run in a 64 bit OS.

To use Mach3 in a 64 bit OS, you need to use an external motion controller, like a Smoothstepper, UC100, UC300ETH, etc.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    If you are using the parallel port, then it will only work with a 32 bit version of Windows, 7 or older.

Mach3 will run in a 64 bit OS, but the parallel port driver will not run in a 64 bit OS.

To use Mach3 in a 64 bit OS, you need to use an external motion controller, like a Smoothstepper, UC100, UC300ETH, etc.
    Lucky I got a UC100. Thanks for the clarification.