Looking for assistance troubleshooting new DG4S drivers.

I installed 3 new DG4S drives connected to a Warp9 ESS Motion control board and C62 breakout board from CNC4PC.

TheESS/ C62 setup worked as planned and the DG4S drives controlled the axis motors fine using Mach3.

I then went to tune the motors and connected the PRG01 tuning board to the X axis DG4S. I ran the ServoConfigurator3 program; it listed 1 drive w/serial number A4007YZf, which does not match the serial # on my DG4S. I tried to connect to the drive but it reported "Drive not answering, data not loaded". No other functions in the config program were active. After attempting to connect as described above, the green status light on the drive went off.

If I unplug the USB cable and click "Check device list" then the listed serial number goes away. Reconnecting the USB and pressing again makes the same (wrong) serial number appear.

I tried plugging the tuning board into the Y axis drive assuming it would report a different serial number; the serial did not change, it still reported A4007YZf. Here too after trying to connect the blinking green status led goes off.

At this point I found the drives would no longer respond to Mach3 commands through the C62 board. At power-up, both drives do flash the green status LED, which goes out again if I try to connect through the tuning board. I have not tried to connect the tuning board to the Z axis and it still functions OK through Mach3.

I tried to do a firmware upgrade through the tuning board and realized it appears the drive is being seen as a Whale3 model. When I ran the firmware upgrade, it reads "downloading firmware for Whale3 V3.05". I realize now this is probably the same problem/reason why it is seeing the wrong serial number for the DG4S and likely why it will not connect to do the tuning board.

Why would the tuning board see the wrong model and serial number?

Why would connecting the tuning board cause the drives to go completely inoperative?

Does anyone have any ideas as to what’s going on here?