585,585 active members*
3,794 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Turn key cnc plasmas table

I am wanting to buy a table for a side business to cut metal art parts for local tractors and trucks and possibly design gates and entrances Shooing for a 4x4 table Hypertherm 65 and a 120 air compressors. Problem is I need some good recommendations on a good turnkey table to buy for under 20k

Re: Turn key cnc plasmas table

By turnkey I'm assuming ready to cut including the plasma cutter? Torchmate sells a model 4400 with a lincoln cutter that will run about 20k. They say ready to cut in 30 minutes. Baileigh Industrial has a number of tables in that size range for 15k and under. I think I'd suggest doing some searching on this site as others have asked the same question and there are a number of options considering your budget. Hypertherms are great cutters. I've have a couple for use on plasma tables and they have been very dependable and cut well. The new 45xp and 65 are very good machines. Many companies that make plasma table setups seem to come and go. Decide if you want downdraft or a water table and what the max thickness metal you'll be cutting. If you don't already know the basics of CNC and the software, what software and training/learning will be an important aspect of your purchase. Don't get something that you'll regret or need to upgrade. Find a couple companies with good after purchase support that have good reviews and make some phone calls and see who "clicks" with your needs. You should have no problem getting what you need for the budget you mention. If I was spending that much money, it would be worth a trip if necessary to see the machine in person, watch one operate and discuss options with them.

Yes more less looking for a table that I can setup and start cutting with in a day or so... I am new to this and I have been searching a lot of information figured I would reach out and see if anyone had a hands on option or if you had to do it over again advice to offer... I am not familiar with any software a table uses I am houston Texas and have a couple companies in Austin I can view. Burntablrs

Quote Originally Posted by Klbhammond View Post
    Yes more less looking for a table that I can setup and start cutting with in a day or so... I am new to this and I have been searching a lot of information figured I would reach out and see if anyone had a hands on option or if you had to do it over again advice to offer... I am not familiar with any software a table uses I am houston Texas and have a couple companies in Austin I can view. Burntablrs
    Do some research here and on other forums about Burntables.

I you want to have a USA built table with a solid warranty and good support then look at https://www.precisionplasmallc.com/M...es/Page11.html. AND its in Texas. For 20 K you can buy two or spend the money on spending a day at his shop for training.or having to delivered and setup with training.

For portability and versatility the portable CNC plasma - Oxy/ace cutter is the best option, im sure there`s a US version on this product, you can cut even without a table, on field, or anywhere flat, you just need to level it and go, it had a default customizable cut patterns, you dont need to program anything, just enter the measurements of the preset shape on the machine itself now you`re ready to cut, we use this in the shop for cutting anything metal, it can even cut aluminum which some high end CNC Gantry plasma cutter cannot (oxy/ace mode but with a plasma machine) our unit is made in china though and it cost under US $2000

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhead View Post
    Do some research here and on other forums about Burntables.

I you want to have a USA built table with a solid warranty and good support then look at https://www.precisionplasmallc.com/M...es/Page11.html. AND its in Texas. For 20 K you can buy two or spend the money on spending a day at his shop for training.or having to delivered and setup with training.
    Nice looking table and sent the a request for information. Looks like it would be another 2500 for a plasma and software looks good. Do you have any dealings with them or and recommendations

Nice looking table and sent the a request for information. Looks like it would be another 2500 for a plasma and software looks good. Do you have any dealings with them or and recommendations
    Btw if I can only spend 12 or lower I would be super happy. Wife would also. It’s just a side business to do some not I enjoy I am 30 and would love to earn extra money and do something for a hobby curious to see how thick of material do you normally cut with your machines

Precision Plasma has been a table kit provider for over 7 years. There are hundreds of his tables out and running.

The link to CYRious metal works is to a shop in Texas (that you can visit and get a demo). The owner is Luke and he has been the lead tester and support person on CandCNC controls for over 5 years. He left at the end of December but he still has access to our shop and staff and will provide you with excellent service since he knows both products (table and electronics) backwards and forwards.

ss stated you owe it to yourself to spend a day to see and watch a table like you might buy actually cutting.

The thickness of material is only limited by the plasma cutter model you select. Hypertherm makes air plasma models that can cut up to 1" material and even thicker if you have 3P power. For signage and decorative cutting its more important how well it cuts THIN material, Were a lot of tables fall down is cutting thinner material and detailed cuts with sharp turns and corners. The speed and accuracy of the table and the. THC determin how thin you can go and still get decent cuts.

Consider Joining PlasmaSpider dot com forum if you are going to get in the decorative cutting business. There are free art files, lots of help and some great ideas on what makes money and certain pitfalls to avoid.

Luke is a good source for that as well since he has been doing that type work for a long time.

Btw if I can only spend 12 or lower I would be super happy. Wife would also. It’s just a side business to do some not I enjoy I am 30 and would love to earn extra money and do something for a hobby curious to see how thick of material do you normally cut with your machines
    Hello sir, I sent you IM

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cyr View Post
    Hello sir, I sent you IM
    Yes sir I seen it. Thank you for the help and willingness to help maybe tomorrow I can call and possibly talk to you. Just received a packet from PlasmaCAM with there demo dvd. I am looking for a 4x4 table just trying to research Servo motor. And software to get. Thank you so much

EZ-Router in Mineola Texas

Necromancer