585,991 active members*
6,626 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > 2000 Haas TRT-210-5-AX trouble

2000 Haas TRT-210-5-AX trouble

Is anyone running this rotary? I keep getting a B-axis fault when I turn on the machine. It sits for an hour and reset will clear it. Once in awhile it goes with same alarm. Is the B supposed to give a air blast sound when it locks in? like the a axis? Hate to call service if it's a quick fix. thanks

Talk to Sam @ Nymat. Nymat is the dealer in Kansas. They are in New Jersey. I don't know how to explain that.
    We had the same problem. It was two communication cables in the control. $30.00 total.
    Be sure to keep the new ones and old ones seperate as you CANNOT tell the difference between them. The old ones look and check electrically perfect BUT they do not work.

When I first got my used '96 Haas, I used to get A axis faults at various times, most of them being inconvenient

If I did not have the 4th axis active, then the fault would switch to the Z axis. As in, whichever drive is closest to that power supply thingy, that's the one that gets blamed with the fault.

All sorts of scrouging around yielded no clue as to what the real problem was.Finally one day, the machine would not successfully power up past this fault.

It turned out that the little stand alone power supply located near the drive amplifier rack was dead. It provided juice via a twisted yellow/black wire to the drives, in daisy-chain fashion.

I found a duplicate replacement for that power supply at Newark (maybe $400 less than getting it from Haas). After replacing it, I have never had a problem related to A or Z axis faults again.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

We also changed the power supply on our VF-6. After at least 12 (we learn slow) power supply changes and other attempted fixes we were trying another fix when Sam overheard our conversation with the parts sales desk at Nymat. We were trying to buy a processor board. We had changed the i/o board and many other things. He sent us the communication cable. That was about a year ago. I don't know if that is the long term fix because some of the power supply units lasted up to a year. Some lasted a day. This was a long term pain. After the cable change we have had no more problems. My experience tells me to change these cables at the first sign of this problem. You may need to change the power supply also but I would change the cables too.

hello i am new here, just wanted to say nymat is in western new york state and other places the haas dealer in new jersey is allendale machinery and they have the best and longest running rotary service dept in the country as a matter of fact they are the only dealer who still fixes the old stepper unit rotaries or has parts for them.

Re: 2000 Haas TRT-210-5-AX trouble

Thanks for this post google