I've seen many ideas on how to build a soundproof enclosure for desktop cnc routers, but hardly anything about small, yet highly effective workshop rooms for working with loud equipment.
While an enclosure would do the job, I think it takes away from some of the practical aspects of being close to the machine and sometimes actually managing the work pieces as they are being cut. In my case, I cut many small nested pieces and need to hold the pieces down with a foam tipped stick to make sure that the tool does not push them out. I have tried tabs and do use onion skin, but I still need to keep a watch on them while on the final onion skin cut. And a few times, I've had to deal with real time emergencies, such as the tool digging into the work mysteriously.
Thus my need to think about a small shed that soundproofed. It will be in the garage, the shed design would be more like a room. What most sound studios don't show is the need to have dust suction as well as good intake and out take baffles to deal with air flow without compromising sound proofing.
As with all projects, it's always better to take someone else's design rather than doing it from scratch. But is a music sound room what I am looking for, or just applying the basic soundproofing principles for, let's say, generators, be more appropriate?

Could use some ideas.
tony