584,802 active members*
4,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > JP-382C board pinout needed for Mach3

JP-382C board pinout needed for Mach3

Hello, I recently purchased a Chinese CNC Mill off of ebay. It came with USB Motion Controller software by PlanetCNC, no doubt a non-legit version. I don't care to use this. The mill was advertised as being compatible with Mach3 though the documentation was almost purely about the PlanetCNC software. There were pinouts for a parallel breakout but the pictures and description do not match my board, JP-382C. I did try the pinouts but I can't get anything to work in Mach3. I know something has to be getting to the parallel port of this board because when I go to the port settings in Windows XP and hit apply the z axis of the mill moves very briefly. If any one has information on this board I'd appreciate any assistance.

Here are some pictures of the board.

Top:

Bottom:

And the settings I have tried.

I got these settings from Kev Brook's excellent CNC Blog https://the-cnc.blogspot.co.uk/p/home.html Thanks for that Kev. (edit. Actually these setting may not match the ones on the blog. I did try those but I may have moved some things around after they didn't work.)

Re: JP-382C board pinout needed for Mach3

Have a look at this
    Planet CNC ? View topic - CNC 3020T
    On your picture of the bottom side I think I can see a PIC controller this makes me think your controller is such a type.
    The input for signal is the USB port and not the parallel port. It will not work with Mach3
    I expect the parallel port is used for connection of a extra axis and input for the limit switches etc.
    Install the supplied Planet software and check if it recognizes the board. If so, you have to find documentation about the parallel connector.

Thanks, The PlanetCNC software does recognize the board and the machine works with it. I was kind of hoping it was a breakout and that I'd be able to use Mach3. I'm sure PlanetCNC's software is good, I just see so many programs that I want to use that output gcode for mach3 specifically. The machine I have seems pretty sound but they advertised it as compatible with Mach3 now I'm feeling pretty ripped off.

Unhappy Re: JP-382C board pinout needed for Mach3

Manny,

You could purchase a parallel port driven super cheap ($35.00 USD) TB6560 (3) three axis solution (PRIMITIVE) and use Mach3.

See attached link:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3-Axis-...cAAOSwA79Zoh6C

I wouldn't implement any of these TB6560 drivers myself YMMV!

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordManny View Post
    Thanks, The PlanetCNC software does recognize the board and the machine works with it. I was kind of hoping it was a breakout and that I'd be able to use Mach3. I'm sure PlanetCNC's software is good, I just see so many programs that I want to use that output gcode for mach3 specifically. The machine I have seems pretty sound but they advertised it as compatible with Mach3 now I'm feeling pretty ripped off.
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Manny,

You could purchase a parallel port driven super cheap ($35.00 USD) TB6560 (3) three axis solution (PRIMITIVE) and use Mach3.

See attached link:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3-Axis-...cAAOSwA79Zoh6C

I wouldn't implement any of these TB6560 drivers myself YMMV!

Jeff...
    Haha yeah, I'm feeling kind of burned on the cheap Chinese parts. I bought this machine to do some pcb prototyping and just out of curiosity really. I may get this board because it's cheap, four axis (like the one I have) and it looks like it'll fit in the enclosure I have. https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Axis-New-....c100005.m1851

If that won't do I'll drop some real cash on a machine if I have to.

The TB6600 is a much better driver than the TB6560, hopefully the board you are looking at follows Toshiba minimum design standards.

The Leadshine (all in one) MX4660 works extremely well, however at seven times the cost it better!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Axis-DSP-...YAAOSwjDZYkkCr

Have a most awesome evening!

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Don;t feel "ripped off", This cheap system will most probably work with the Mach3 Gcode.
    Else, you have a CAD drawing, you have to use a CAM program to make the Gcode also for the MACH3, Just look for a working configurations in th CAM and you have a good working cheap CNC system

Hi all asume no changes on the status of chinese JP 382. Below my conclusion

I have the JP382C with USB and paralel. USB works ok with planetcnc but paralel for mach 3 works only estop and axes 4 but only one direction no matter if i push jog to increase or decrease
    The pin explication from below is from a manual delivered with a CD with 3040 and refere to a paralel only board. I just check the xyz dir and pulse have the same semnifictaion on my usb board and looks to match at all.
    So in this stage looks to be capable to be drive by Mach 3

But in reality on my boardJP382C- no matter what I do only axes 4 was rotate but all time on same direction wiyh Mach3.

And also is aenable comun to all driver throug a optocupler but looks on the corect voltage so i asume is enable all time and only if you need you disable by sending a signal on pin 14

X axis (step pin) 2 - This pin go to a 407 hex bufer input, also there go a pin from PIC both with a pull up 2k2- . after 407hex open colector it go to opto . Opto have pin 1 to Vcc so all looks to be driven by low when hex bufer open colector go on probably open theoutput tranzistor and make on the optocupler ( all is 2k2 pullup and a signal low from paralel or PIC microcontroler must do something .Opto drive the TH6560 - yes is pulse for X axis so on Mach 3 these pin looks to be active high ( high on hex bufer make output tranzistor to be on and these actuate the optocupler
    Xaxis (dir pin) 3 THE SAME- is direction for Xaxix
    Y axis (step pin) 4 THE SAME
    Y axis (dir pin) 5 THE SAME
    Z axis(step pin) 6 THE SAME
    Zaxis (dir pin) 7 THE SAME
    A axis (step pin) 8 Here paralel port pin go directly to board for axes 4 also here come PIC pin all are pull up 4k7 no hex buffer involved
    A axis(dir pin) 9 same like pin 8
    External input interface (optoelectronic isolation)
    IN10 10 External emergency button – the estop through a opto
    IN11 11 X axis limit switch – through a opto
    IN12 12 Y axis limit switch– through a opto
    IN13 13 Z axis limit switch– through a opto
    X?Y?Z?A axis Enabled 14 Enable – imput to a optocupler for a general enable to all TB - i cannot find on PIC whatever is a unpopulated connector on board mark EN/ON wich go to this pin. ( if us mach 3 this should be straped??) - is in pull up and can provide a low to disable the drivers
    IN15 15 Tool setting*–?? somethind with a diode K to pin 15 A to pin 13 wich is Zaxis limit - wich go to zero if used when touch the limit switchso also this tool change looks to do something when zlimit is used and touch also here is the probe switch after opto wich can give a zero
    PIN16 - direct to PIC
    PIN17 DIRECT to PIC
    PIN18...PIN25 GND

after i measure some voltage it looks that the PIC keep low all xyz so therfore if you aply paralel signal from Mach3 it dont count. is interesting why axes 4 working because also looks to be keep down ( but axis 4 dont have 7407 buffer). - i still investigate naybe i will have a better conclusion.

SOLVED

disconect usb from computer, let only the paralel connection and it work with mach 3
    on mach 3 config

pin 2 x step active low
    pin3 x dir active low or high depending on real direction

pin 4 y step active low
    pin 5 y dir active low or high depending on real direction

pin 6 z step active low
    pin7 z dir active low or high depending on real direction

pin 8 axe4 step active low
    pin 9 axe4 dir active low or high depending on real direction

Quote Originally Posted by adriannnicola View Post
    SOLVED

disconect usb from computer, let only the paralel connection and it work with mach 3
    on mach 3 config

pin 2 x step active low
    pin3 x dir active low or high depending on real direction

pin 4 y step active low
    pin 5 y dir active low or high depending on real direction

pin 6 z step active low
    pin7 z dir active low or high depending on real direction

pin 8 axe4 step active low
    pin 9 axe4 dir active low or high depending on real direction
    So did you use the 25 pin to USB cable to get it to run Mach3?

this hardware work with LPT need only a mod hardware for work probe alone or probe is the same of Z limit!

LOL next years this post help me !! i have modified the board and do not why ..... now know !!!!