584,817 active members*
5,015 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Suggestions needed on plasma table

I am in the market for a plasma table and have been doing a bunch of research but there is almost too much info on the Web and I am overwhelmed.

I have found a 2x4 torch mate table used but the owner has robbed parts to build a bigger table, as it sits the table is complete with steppers but nothing beyond that. I would need drives computer ect.

My questions Is can I get this table and buy generic gecko drives to get this thing running or would I need to buy specific torchmate parts.

I understand that the drives run the steppers. Is there a power supply that powers the drives? Is that all that is in the "box" then obviously a computer with Mach and whichever cad I decide

Any opinions on what a fair price would be for this table as it sits ? It would save me a lot of time and R&D

There is also a "bladerunner" setup from c and c for sale locally to me but that still leaves me building the table and figuring it all out

Thanks in advance for your help

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Re: Suggestions needed on plasma table

As long as you have a rolling chassis with the torch mate I would imagine you could modify it using some different drivers etc being gecko or blade runner just my 2cents, gantry kits are expensive all they say is cnc plasma and they are 2-3k and you still have a long way to go to get it going I'm in the process of building my own , lots of good info on YouTube if you are in to diy. As for me bargain hunter diy hobbyist I'm @ 1300$ 5X3 TABLE with waterpan, gantry, motors and drivers,plasma cutter,computer,rack and pinion, there is still a lot I need to do but for 1300$ I'M dam near there the gantry is the most important piece the table is the easy part if I were you I'd get the blade runner and build your own table ☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Re: Suggestions needed on plasma table

There are lots of builds documented here on the zone. I went through most of them before I decided to build my own table. In addition, you can get a great deal of good advice from members here. My build is documented under, "A Different Machine - Downdraft/water table". It will give you some ideas about what is involved and maybe some direction to help you get started. There are many different ways to build a table and following the builds is a great way to learn. What worked for me may not be the best for you. As an aside, my table has been running for 6+ years with no major failures and it gets a lot of use so you don't have to spend a fortune to get a good, reliable table.

Good Luck.

Willy