Hello
First of all I apologize for 2 things:
1. if this is the wrong thread to post this, I am new here and don't have the complete layout of the site mastered.
2. I am fairly a newbie with CNCs so if I am confusing with my explanation I am not familiar with some of the terminology.
Now to the topic at hand, I work with my father and recently he bought a used Victor VR1212 router, it came bundled with an old version of Type3 and NC Studio, until today we were having issues with homing on the Z axis, it went down instead of up, we fixed it by changing some wires on the driver, based on a recommendation from a different person.
Now the issue is that it's still not engraving on the Z axis, my theory is there is some setting on the type3 software we have not yet realized, so what I am getting at is if anyone ran into a similar issue, or if not if anyone knows a good type3 tutorial to set up the machining route.
From what I gathered so far, it does the simulation perfectly, but when I try to export it to NC Studio, the "paths" or route marked on the file(or however it is called, I am not familiar with the full terminology) are only marked X and Y, I do not see any marking for the Z axis on it.
This is off the top of my head, but if anyone is experienced with this software and knows what could possibly be the solution I'd be grateful
Thank you