585,729 active members*
4,399 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

OI-F Need Ladder Help!

I have made several changes to the ladder on this turning machine with good results, However I am lost on how to implement a PSGN2 function. The programming manual says give it a starting control data number (R320) and use R322, R323, R324, R328, R331 to input things like path, axis,in/mm, and axis positions. The problem is I am LOST I can't figure what they are talking about as far as these "R" registers, are they params or where are they? Any help much appreciated!

Re: OI-F Need Ladder Help!

R registers are typically what’s referred to as MISC addresses in the ladder, are basically used to store signals until needed. You can view the R addresses in STATUS just like any other PMC address and of course you can write to them and read from them just like any other PMC address.

Not sure why you need to use PSGN2 function. You may benefit more using Position Switches. See attachment. But if you want to use the PSGN2 function you have to make sure that the R-Registry that you use is not already being assigned by the ladder. They are dummy bits. Can be used as coils and contacts or used in a function block like PSGN2. The Position Switch uses CNC parameters. You set a “Range” for where the axis has to be within, once there an F address will turn on. Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Position Switch.pdf  

I am open to suggestions, I had a catastrophic crash on my CNC lathe while proofing a program not carefully enough. The turret was near the chuck and The g53 had been left out so I ended up with a turret index into the chuck. This ended up with the complete turret ending up in the chip tray.

I have never had more than a broken tool in 30+ years so I must be getting senile.

What I am hoping to implement is a feature where the turret cannot index in auto or manual if the turret is further than, say 10" from home in Z

Wayne

it is easy if you insert in the turret index condition the signals from x and z reference points so turret will never rotate ,only in reference point.

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    it is easy if you insert in the turret index condition the signals from x and z reference points so turret will never rotate ,only in reference point.
    I usually do tool changes 6 to 10 inches from machine zero, would that be possible?

Thanks for the help! Almost working! Set up position switch 1 and put a F0070.0 in the turret unclamp rung. entering 200.000 in param 0695 gives me roughly 7.88 before F0070.1 opens so it appears although it displays inches it is millimeters? Is there a way to display a message that turret unclamp is unavailable? Or any ideas of a more elegant way to set this up?

Thanks Again Wayne

"A" coils are alarm coils so in your logic you can write to an unused "A" coil when the position switch is on and a turret unclamp command is given. (Don't forget to latch it) You also have to write the message on the message page at the point where the A address is (A10.3 as an example). If you state 1000 before your message then it becomes an alarm and halts the program. If you make it a 2000 then you will only get a message that just displays the alarm but doesn't stop the program.

I copied the whole net that controlled the turret un-clamp solenoid, changed the state of the position switch contacts, and changed the output to A0027.5 to trigger a message. In the message editing I created A0027.5 by copying A0027.4 and renaming it, and changed the message to 2275EX2275I TURRET UNCLAMP NOT AVAILABLE MUST WITHIN 11.000 OF HOME!@0A@ anyway not sure how, but it works fine, never did see where to input 1000 or 2000 to make it a message or alarm. As its working now it is a message
    Any input appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by wayne_overbeck View Post
    I copied the whole net that controlled the turret un-clamp solenoid, changed the state of the position switch contacts, and changed the output to A0027.5 to trigger a message. In the message editing I created A0027.5 by copying A0027.4 and renaming it, and changed the message to 2275EX2275I TURRET UNCLAMP NOT AVAILABLE MUST WITHIN 11.000 OF HOME!@0A@ anyway not sure how, but it works fine, never did see where to input 1000 or 2000 to make it a message or alarm. As its working now it is a message
    Any input appreciated
    On the page where you typed in the massage to be displayed on the screen, if you change the 2275 at the beginning of your message to 1000 or similar it becomes an alarm and stops the program from running and puts the CNC into an alarm state.