584,805 active members*
5,131 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Predator CNC Editor

Predator CNC Editor

Hello Group, I am still using BobCAD v25 with Predator CNC Editor for BobCAD for many years now without any issues. But all of a sudden I am getting this error in Predator which says, "Header Error: Machine file C:\Program Files (x86)\Predator Software\Common Files\Machines\DEFAULT.MCH not found." I cannot find a file on my computer that is named DEFAULT.MCH. Anyone know how to correct this?

When I get this error is when I try and do a backplot of the Gcode.

Thanks,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ecope View Post
    Hello Group, I am still using BobCAD v25 with Predator CNC Editor for BobCAD for many years now without any issues. But all of a sudden I am getting this error in Predator which says, "Header Error: Machine file C:\Program Files (x86)\Predator Software\Common Files\Machines\DEFAULT.MCH not found." I cannot find a file on my computer that is named DEFAULT.MCH. Anyone know how to correct this?

When I get this error is when I try and do a backplot of the Gcode.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Try choose a different machine template, then restart predator.

Something like the haas 3axis or 4 axis machine...

The template is chosen from the left dropdown just below the menu...

Re: Predator CNC Editor

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Try choose a different machine template, then restart predator.

Something like the haas 3axis or 4 axis machine...

The template is chosen from the left dropdown just below the menu...
    Thanks BurrMan, I tried what you suggested what you said but with no luck. It has been so long since I loaded V25 and Predator and I was wondering can I just reload Predator without having to call BobCAD and get the activation numbers?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ecope View Post
    Thanks BurrMan, I tried what you suggested what you said but with no luck. It has been so long since I loaded V25 and Predator and I was wondering can I just reload Predator without having to call BobCAD and get the activation numbers?

Thanks.
    Should be able to. They used to keep the predator installer in a folder called "system files" in the bobcad version data folder. But at some point, they incorporated it in the installer i think, and i dont have my computer to check my v25 installation. If its there, you can just run that again. If not, there may be some hoops to get the v25 installer to run that part again....

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Should be able to. They used to keep the predator installer in a folder called "system files" in the bobcad version data folder. But at some point, they incorporated it in the installer i think, and i dont have my computer to check my v25 installation. If its there, you can just run that again. If not, there may be some hoops to get the v25 installer to run that part again....
    I contacted BobCAD and even though they don't really support v25 anymore they where very helpful and told me to just re-install Predator again and it is now working again.

Thanks again BurrMan,

Eric

I just started using Predator Editor.
    I hope this is a simple question. When using Backplot,,, I want to make the G code on the left side of the screen larger so I can see the information easier, how do I do that?
    Thanks,
    John

Hi John, In Predator go to the top drop down menu and click on Format>Font from there you will see size. Select the font number size you want and click OK. That should resize your code font to make it larger or smaller.

Hope this helps!
    Eric