585,578 active members*
4,079 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Hi all!

Hi all!

Greeting everyone, I am new to the forum and consider myself a cncmaniac! I have sold machines here in the US and all of them use the Syntec controllers. I have setup the EZ's, 6M*'s and 200MA-5. In my experience the Syntec controllers have been excellent. The complications come from the manufactures. The Syntec controllers are very flexible and allow for an endless combination of control configurations. That being stated there are 100's if not 1000's of different manufactures in China and they all seem to have there own unique programming method. Keep in mind that there are some G-M codes that are standard when it comes to FANUC based controllers. There are also many G-M codes that can be defined by the engineer that is setting up the machine in the factory. These defined G-M codes will be shown in the macro files that come with your machine. Unfortunatley the definable G-M codes will be different from one manufacturer to another so what one G** or M** code that has been setup for one machine may not work for another from a different manufacturer. Don't let it scary you, you will just have to get the specific G-M code list for your machine directly from the manufacturer that you purchased it from.

Frankmali is correct regarding spindles. The vast majority of the spindles for cnc routers only operate in the CW rotation. We recently upgraded our standard HSD ES929 to the new ES951 which allows for CW and CCW rotation. And as Frankmali stated if the spindle itself is not designed to operate in CCW rotation the Syntec controller button to rotate the spindle CCW will be ignored. Frankmali is also correct about connecting the vacuum pump to the VFD. The VFD is specifically for the spindle control. Serum, I would strongly recommend that you do not connect to the VFD unless the manufacturer has installed a separate VDF specifically for the vacuum pump.

Hoanghai2485 and Serum I would message the manufacturer of your machine and get the specific G-M codes that they used to setup your system, otherwise you will waste a lot of time through trial and error. It should be something that they should have readily available and not only will you know the exact codes that control your machine but it will make composing your post processor much easier and accurate.

I'd love to help where I can guys so if you have any questions I'll be around.

Re: Hi all!

looks like your message was meant to reply to someone but your started a new thread.

Im trying to find how to change coordinate variables on and 11MB control, any suggestions? I need to change the variables 26061 and 26062 to set a new X Y location for the tool height sensor.