584,800 active members*
4,573 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cnc plasma doing a lead out but not a lead in?...

I have a home built CNC plasma machine running a hypertherm 45 XP I haven't cut in pretty good but I'm having some trouble with my lead Ins And Lead outs delete out cuts no problem but it seems as if I don't have a lead in when I look at the piece after I cut. I'm running Mach 3 and sheetcam it has anybody had this problem before
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180117_124840.jpg  

Re: Cnc plasma doing a lead out but not a lead in?...

Make sure your lead in / lead out lengths and type are set correctly in sheetcam. They are set when you select the operation. Also, make sure that you have the room for these when you compile your drawing in sheetcam. If you don't have room where sheetcam puts the start point, you can edit the location of that particular start.

Good luck,

Willy

Quote Originally Posted by flyinwilly View Post
    Make sure your lead in / lead out lengths and type are set correctly in sheetcam. They are set when you select the operation. Also, make sure that you have the room for these when you compile your drawing in sheetcam. If you don't have room where sheetcam puts the start point, you can edit the location of that particular start.

Thanks Willie
    Good luck,

Willy
    Thanks Willie I tried all that however. Even on outside offset where there is ample space for a lead-in it seems the machine moves before the leading is cut. Even on big pieces

assuming you have THC, I would check that your transfer (arc start machine motion) is working correctly. If you have THC, you can check it by turning off the 45, turn on THC in Mach3, and run your G code. If it runs then you have a problem in MAch3.

I am not familiar with the 45 controls as I have a 65. The 65 has an expanded metal mode selection and when this is on, my system will run without the arc start indication. Must have something to do with the continuous pilot arc That's all I can think of.

Willy

Everything the machine / torch does is commanded by gcode.

Have you checked the generated gcode to see if it appears correct.

This helps find the source of the problem, i.e. it the machine / torch being given the correct instructions (gcode) but it is not carrying them out, OR are the generated instructions wrong.