585,754 active members*
4,168 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Biesse Rover A Surface touch off

Hey everyone, New to the forum.

I am working with a Biesse Rover A (Pendulum bed) CNC. And I am wondering how I go about touching off my spoil board surfacing tool.

Previous machines that I have used like Omnitech had a paddle that I would place on the board and move around to line up with one of the cutting teeth on the cutter.

The Rover has a fixed measuring tool that is far to close to the bed and the diameter is too small to measure my 4" Surfacing tool.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Biesse Rover A Surface touch off

Typically you do not touch off to the table on a Biesse. You measure the tool length after the tool is mounted. With HSK spindles it is the measurement from the backside of the toolholder flange to the tip of the tool, on ISO30 spindles it is the same measurement plus 2~3 mm (gap between spindle nose and toolholder flange). You can do this with a quality set of digital calipers on a height stand set up. The caliper method may require you to tune the length in the machine data after a test cut. Hope this helps!
    Mark T
    CNC Custom Services - CNC Service, CNC Support, CNC Training for the CNC Woodworking Industry focused on CNC Routers and CNC Point-to-Point Machines.