584,833 active members*
5,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > Gibbs New Interface/ Trash Can Missing

Gibbs New Interface/ Trash Can Missing

I downloaded the eval version of Gibbs 2017 v12 to try out and the trash can is missing as is the progress bar. Not sure where they went. Anyone have any idea where I can turn these on or do I have a corrupt download from Gibbs? I really like my 2016 version 11 and wanted to try v12 out before I took the plunge. I can't do that until I can find the trash can and the progress bar. Thank You for any help.

Re: Gibbs New Interface/ Trash Can Missing

Quote Originally Posted by Sierevello View Post
    I downloaded the eval version of Gibbs 2017 v12 to try out and the trash can is missing as is the progress bar. Not sure where they went. Anyone have any idea where I can turn these on or do I have a corrupt download from Gibbs? I really like my 2016 version 11 and wanted to try v12 out before I took the plunge. I can't do that until I can find the trash can and the progress bar. Thank You for any help.
    Why do you need the trash can, have not used it in 10 years, or more if you want to remove something, just select it and press Delete key on your keyboard
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Why do you need the trash can, have not used it in 10 years, or more if you want to remove something, just select it and press Delete key on your keyboard
    The whole progress bar is missing too. Have no idea where it went.

This is missing: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Progress-Bar.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	3.3 KB 
ID:	384716

This is missing: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Progress-Bar.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	3.3 KB 
ID:	384716
    Did you down load the full package
    Mactec54

Did you down load the full package
    Yes... I even downloaded it 3x and uninstalled and re-installed and no luck.

Yes... I even downloaded it 3x and uninstalled and re-installed and no luck.
    Contact Gibbs, they are good about, fixing or finding problems with down loads, if that is what is the problem, I had trouble down loading this new version, but got it in the end
    Mactec54

Contact Gibbs, they are good about, fixing or finding problems with down loads, if that is what is the problem, I had trouble down loading this new version, but got it in the end
    Thank You MacTec!!!

They are still there. They are in the bottom right hand corner.
    Attachment 384768

There are a couple reasons for this. There were two different process graphics. There was the bar at the top for system process and the pop-up for process...process...you know what I mean. All processes are combined and condensed in that bottom flyout. You can pin it to be always open if you always want to see what is going on. As far as the trashcan, it is down there too. Way back in the day, having a trashcan icon in the lower right wasn't that big of a deal because the displays were so small. Dragging and dropping was quick and easy. But now with the bigger monitors, there is a lot of real estate to cover from the left tile list to the right. As MacTech54 pointed out, hitting delete is now the preferred method of clearing a tile. There is also a new and maybe better way to clear the process tile list. There is now a "Clear" button right above it. This will clear the contents of the process tile list.Attachment 384770

No funtionality was taken away with the new version. Things have just been updated and modernized.

Quote Originally Posted by mdlmkr View Post
    Attachment 384768

There are a couple reasons for this. There were two different process graphics. There was the bar at the top for system process and the pop-up for process...process...you know what I mean. All processes are combined and condensed in that bottom flyout. You can pin it to be always open if you always want to see what is going on. As far as the trashcan, it is down there too. Way back in the day, having a trashcan icon in the lower right wasn't that big of a deal because the displays were so small. Dragging and dropping was quick and easy. But now with the bigger monitors, there is a lot of real estate to cover from the left tile list to the right. As MacTech54 pointed out, hitting delete is now the preferred method of clearing a tile. There is also a new and maybe better way to clear the process tile list. There is now a "Clear" button right above it. This will clear the contents of the process tile list.Attachment 384770

No funtionality was taken away with the new version. Things have just been updated and modernized.
    Thank you for the reply mdlmkr. Which bottom flyout are you talking about? I still cannot locate it. Any chance you can send me a screen shot of the flyout showing the progress bar and trash can location?

Thank You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdlmkr View Post
    Attachment 384768

I have taken a screen shot of my Gibbs. As you can see I don't have anything in the bottom right hand corner. I just wanted to try to make it more clear what I am talking about. If they are there, they are hidden and I cannot seem to pull them up. I contacted Gibbs and they said to use the recovery tool. I did as they said and I still do not have the process bar. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gibbs v_12 screen shot.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	384808

Okay I went to the Gibbscam Quick Start Guide just to make sure I wasn't crazy and it shows the process bar where it should be. It also shows the pin that mdlmkr was talking about. I just need to find out how to get the thing turned back on so I can pin it in place,
    I have tried right clicking down there and everything else I can think of and no luck and I can't find anything in the menus to turn it on/off.

Thanks.

Name:	Pin.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	384810

Okay I went to the Gibbscam Quick Start Guide just to make sure I wasn't crazy and it shows the process bar where it should be. It also shows the pin that mdlmkr was talking about. I just need to find out how to get the thing turned back on so I can pin it in place,
    I have tried right clicking down there and everything else I can think of and no luck and I can't find anything in the menus to turn it on/off.

Thanks.

Name:	Pin.JPG 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	384810
    Gibbs sent me another thing to try and it worked. It has returned to the bottom right part of the screen. It is below in case you ever experience it.

Please try deleting the User Preferences folder by following the instructions below:

Go to the Plugins menu at the top
    Select Pathfinder
    Select User Preferences
    Close GibbsCAM
    Delete everything within the User Preferences folder
    Upon relaunching, GibbsCAM will rebuild everything that it needs.

Thanks for all of the help.

It looks like you are missing the commands across the top too. Is that correct? If so, it may be a windows setting...I will check.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-02-05_8-21-00.jpg 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	385850

You need the trash can to toss Gibbs into it and move on to Autodesk to not have to deal with all the intermittent issues and the fact they give you a 15 yr old post processor that conflicts with their own program. My goodness 3D systems is terrible and I’ve never experienced more frustration. Add to that their customer service is short of poor. 2 months no cal back, nothing. Told them several times leaving messages the post processor is problematic with user issues and the machine doesn’t recognize its protocol. So yes a garbage can is a good thing.