585,931 active members*
5,603 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > General Off Topic Discussions > Best CNC Lathe simulation software - Verify code prior to running

Best CNC Lathe simulation software - Verify code prior to running

I teach CNC at the high school level. All of my students learn Manual G code by programming off line and running on a machine once the code has proven to work. I have a Prolight mill and the CNC base that comes with the machine is the software I use for this application. It has served me well and the students enjoy being able to verify each line such that they can see they are on track.

I also have an older Emco CNC lathe running the welturn software. This software also has a fairly good simulator built into it.

I am now running two Concept turn 60 Emco CNC lathes. I have been looking but have not had much luck finding a reliable and inexpensive simulation software for this application. Does anyone have a software they would recommend?

Many thanks

Re: Best CNC Lathe simulation software - Verify code prior to running

I prefer CNC simulator pro personally which is free for the 1st month. Also, there is a good list of open source software at https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index....viewing_G-Code