Good morning everyone,

I have a CNC wood router that I built myself. It is 5' x 8'. It is a rack and pinion set up and runs Teknics motors and power supplies. I am running MACH 3 and Vetric Aspire. Just recently when running a program the X axis will stall during its passes across the surface.
At first I wondered if I was cutting too much at a time but I raised the Z off the surface and it still did it. I checked all set screws on the motor and gear pinion and all is tight.

The funny thing is, When you start the program it will run perfect but after making about 10 passes it starts doing it.

It will run smooth for about the first 10 passes and then as its going across it will stop for a split second and then continue across the cut. It does this about 5 to 10 times in a 30" pass.

Also I thought maybe something was binding and the motor was not able to move continuously but I ran it in manual and as I ran across the board, taking a healthy cut, I tried to physically stop the axis and I could not slow it down a bit and it was very smooth. But also the problem doesn't start in auto til after about 10 passes though.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You very much in advance.