585,752 active members*
4,110 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Anaheim 23MD106S stepper connection to C25 breakout board...

Anaheim 23MD106S stepper connection to C25 breakout board...

Hi all,

I have recently received my C25 breakout board (http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/C25R3_1_USER%20MANUAL.pdf) and Ethernet Smoothstepper board. I am now trying to connect my Anaheim Automation 23MD106S-00-00-00 stepper (23MD - Stepper Motors with Integrated Drivers) to the board, but have not yet got them running.
    There is a wiring example for the C25 board here: (http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/JINAN2ESS.pdf), but this example is for a 'separate' AC stepper driver, while my stepper motors have integrated drivers. The steppers do not have the same connections as normal stepper drivers do, as can be seen in the datasheet, there are 7 wires (DIR, CLOCK, ON/OFF,MS2,MS1, 12-24VDC and 0V.

I have tried the following connections:
    SmoothStepper and C25 board connected to 5V DC
    Stepper connected to 24V DC, and connected the grounds of both power supplies together also on the C25.
    DIR connected to the DIR pin on the C25 board, CLOCK connected to the Step pin on the C25 board --> not working
    Also tried connecting the stepper's ON/OFF to GND, 5 VDC, 24VDC but nothing would let me run the stepper...

Does anybody know how I need to connect it, so that it is working?

Thanks!
    Reinier

Re: Anaheim 23MD106S stepper connection to C25 breakout board...

Well, I got the problem solved!
    I do not really know what made the difference, I read somewhere that the smoothstepper does not function correctly when there is no E-stop connected, so I added one, rewired all wires between the stepper and the breakout board and.....it worked!!! :idea: