584,862 active members*
5,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Seaking advice to Mod Mini Laser engraver 'NEJE' with GRBL board and stronger laser.

Seaking advice to Mod Mini Laser engraver 'NEJE' with GRBL board and stronger laser.

Hello!

I am new here and hope i ended up in the right place.

Totally new to laser engraving but want to dive right in, i need a small simple machine yet powerful enough for smaller fine engravings in harder materials, even for engraving/etching in metal if possible..
    Have been looking at the small and cheap engravers from 'NEJE', perfect size for my needs, but all models are to weak (300mw - 1500mw).
    Found a replacement board through another forum that will work with this unit and add GRBL, think i saw in a comment somewhere that it supports a 2.5 watt laser, but i could have misinterpreted since i had to Google translate the text.. but it would be great if it did, and maybe then even higher ones like 5 or 5.5 watt!

Since i don't know **** from cheese right now regarding this subject i hope you guys can help me figure out if this mod is even possible..

This is the 'NEJE' unit.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEJE...ceBeautifyAB=5

This is the board i am thinking about using.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/circ....e2483a9aIsPNe

Any thoughts and ideas are more than welcome, would really appreciate help with this.

Re: Seaking advice to Mod Mini Laser engraver 'NEJE' with GRBL board and stronger las

Was thinking if its possible to connect it like this, or is it the most stupid thing you ever seen..

I also found this perfect size 12v 2 axis board that would solve everything! except for the cd-rom stepper motors that i hear run to hot when supplied with 12V, or could it work? if not how can i fix so the motors only get 5V?

This is the 12V board.

What do you guys think?