585,589 active members*
2,821 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post Programming Question

I'm new to the machinist world, only been working in the business for 6 months. I run sqt 18ms mark II,28m, both are 3 axis machines. I also sometimes run QT Nexus 450m Matrix (3 axis), and a Integrex 300sy 640 fusion (6 axis). And some multiplex 625 and 640 fusion both 3 axis. I want to know how to write some basic 2 and 3 axis programs. Truning OD's, drilling and boring. Just basic stuff , like feeds and speeds.I would also like to know, when programing drilling processes, in the sequence data you can specify a 1,2,3..etc. I was told each one meant that the drill would drill a depth like .080 and back off and drill again.Iwould like to know what depth went with each number.

I have been Mazatrol programming for over ten years using M32b, T and Mplus, 640T Fusion and 640T Pro. We have several VTC20C mills, a sqt15MS and an IntegrexY with Tplus, a multiplex 6200Y with GL100 Gantry loader robot and a IntegrexB with Y and tailbody with 640T pro. If your machines are metric and you provide the machine tool AND control type, I can provide you with sample programs. ALL PROGRAMS ARE METRIC!!! DO NOT put a metric program in standard (inch) control. I find the best way to learn, short of mazak school, is to copy and add and edit existing programs to suit required application. Be carefull and load programs at your own risk, mazatrol programs come with program Z and C settings as well as a slew of other information (incorrect TPC can really ruin your day). A well running program in one machine may crash another if you do not know EXACTLY what you are doing. I strongly reccomend Mazak programming classes if any way possible. They usually provide credits with new machines.

Quote Originally Posted by chips-ahoy View Post
    I have been Mazatrol programming for over ten years using M32b, T and Mplus, 640T Fusion and 640T Pro. We have several VTC20C mills, a sqt15MS and an IntegrexY with Tplus, a multiplex 6200Y with GL100 Gantry loader robot and a IntegrexB with Y and tailbody with 640T pro. If your machines are metric and you provide the machine tool AND control type, I can provide you with sample programs. ALL PROGRAMS ARE METRIC!!! DO NOT put a metric program in standard (inch) control. I find the best way to learn, short of mazak school, is to copy and add and edit existing programs to suit required application. Be carefull and load programs at your own risk, mazatrol programs come with program Z and C settings as well as a slew of other information (incorrect TPC can really ruin your day). A well running program in one machine may crash another if you do not know EXACTLY what you are doing. I strongly reccomend Mazak programming classes if any way possible. They usually provide credits with new machines.
    That would be great if you could, that way I could look at them at home and try an understand what is goin on.If I had questions, I have access to programing manuals for 2-axsis T Plus, Fusion,Matrix,and Pro fusion at work. What I can not find in the manual I could ask my supervisors about it in a general way. You wouldn't happen to have the prints or some kind of picture so I could refer too.If so you can send them to me at [email protected]

Wink Happy To Help

I Would Be Happy To Share My 37years Of Machining And 17years Of Mazak Programming And Owning Running And Still Learning!!. I Also Know Of An Online Class That Teaches Mazak Programimg And Fanuc Programming That Is Afforable. I Will Not Advertize So You Need To Get In Contact If You Care Too.
    Ricky

If you send the sketch or the drawing you want to program in mazatrol m32, m32b, t and m plus, the 640's or metrix. i will try to help you with the programing.