584,837 active members*
5,391 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 6T error 904

Hey hope i can get some help. Have seen this same problem discussed here before but despite extensive thread surfing can not see answers relating to my machine. Dont know if that is because I cant recognize them or if they arent there.

Machine is TMC-5, Fanuc 6T controller, version 902, series 5 flashes on start up. Have added pictures of boards if they help.

Do I have a battery that needs replaced? Dont know where i would find it, cant see one on the boards.
    I have the maintenance manuals, if i reset the memory as suggested in other posts, can I trust the machine to run with factory settings or are these "tuned" after installing?

Thanks in advance for anything; help, suggestions, resources.

Re: Fanuc 6T error 904

This alarms comes from the BMU board, or , in your case, its replacement.
    I see that you have one of our replacement BMUs. It's the right hand most board. That board has a replaceable battery (CR2032 type). Check its voltage: should be > 2 V.
    You will have to clear the memory and reload the parameters (they are lost).

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    This alarms comes from the BMU board, or , in your case, its replacement.
    I see that you have one of our replacement BMUs. It's the right hand most board. That board has a replaceable battery (CR2032 type). Check its voltage: should be > 2 V.
    You will have to clear the memory and reload the parameters (they are lost).
    Is this the fanram board i attahed pics of? What is most common reason for this board to be replaced/ why would this board have been replaced? This machine has had a main motor replaced/upgraded, probably did the board then? How will an upgraded motor affect the parameters? Will i still be able to use what is listed in the maintenance manual?

please contact me on the company's email: [email protected]

So the battery was flat, have replaced and still have the error. Do i now need to do a reset?

Are these the steps i should follow? (taken from a different thread)

The first, and least intrusive "memory clear" procedure it to just erase all your part programs. This procedure won't affect your system parameters, so try this first: Hold the RESET and the DELETE button while you turn the power on.

If that doesn't get rid of the "904" alarm, try the next step. This procedure clears all your parameters also: Turn on the "Parameter write" switch on the main PCB, then hold the CAN and the DELETE button while turning on the CNCs power. You'll then have to re-enter all the parameters.

If all else fails, you'll need to do a "Bubble Memory All Clear". This is the "nuclear" option: Turn on the Parameter write switch on the main PCB, hold the letter "O" key and the DELETE key while turning the power on. You'll have to re-enter everything after that.

and how can i know how my parameters need to be set, as i assume i have lost them with the dead battery.

Still searching other threads for these answers but really want to fix this, thanks for help

Hi! I have same message (System Error 904) on a Fanuc 6M controller. I replaced battery (Rechargeable Battery) that was damaged on the FANRAM Board (It replaced an old Bubble Memory Board). After that I tried procedure to re-enter parameters (Turn on the "Parameter write" switch on the main PCB, then hold the CAN and the DELETE button (tried "O" and DELETE too) while turning on the CNCs power) but nothing occurred. Same message on screen (System Error 904). Please, any other advise about this error? Thank you all.

P.D.: I have no Maintenance Manual (bought machine without it), so I will appreciate a lot if someone in the forum can provide it.