585,975 active members*
4,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Just installed a RuiDa RDC6442G DSP - Doesn't Return to Origin :s

Just installed a RuiDa RDC6442G DSP - Doesn't Return to Origin :s

Hi, I've been a long time lurker & this is my first post but sadly it's because I have a weird problem ;(

So I have a self built 40w~ laser cutter which for the last few years I ran with mach3. I didn't really understand the setup and never got PWM working. It would cut & etched fine but you had to set the power by hand making repeat-ability quite variable as far as finish was concerned. I decided to have a change up and started running the laser through a 3dprinter controller (Ramps 1.4 + Mk4duo(a modified version of Marlin + Inkscape + plugins)). This gave me PWM control but the software was beyond buggy with constant crashes & a lot of my original dxf's caused much weirdness. So I thought I'd bite the bullet and purchased a Ruida RDC6442G DSP. I've managed to get everything installed/running & the machine itself seems to run much smoother and the PWM works beautifully. However...........

If I run a job starting at at X-axis 0.00, Y-axis 0.00, on completion the machine seems to return to the origin + 5mm in both the X &Y axis. If I read the current position on the machine it tells me I'm at X-axis 0.00, Y-axis 0.00 still & not X-axis 5.00, Y-axis 5.00.
    At first I thought I might be loosing/gaining steps so I swapped out the motor drivers & ran it again but I get exactly the same result. So I'm assuming, mainly due to the consistency of the offset that there is some setting I've missed somewhere telling the machine to return to the wrong position but I'm really not sure.

If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated. The manual is less than helpful & I'm easily blind sighted to my own stupidity

Thanks in advance.

Re: Just installed a RuiDa RDC6442G DSP - Doesn't Return to Origin :s

Ok scratch that, it seems to have stopped doing it now. Perhaps it was a setting in the vendor params which didn't get applied until after a reset ? Who knows.