584,800 active members*
4,822 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > PlanetCNC > Upgraded USBContoller Mk3/4 firmware via TNG now cannot use old software

Angry Upgraded USBContoller Mk3/4 firmware via TNG now cannot use old software

I downloaded the TNG software and followed the instructions to install. After I upgraded the controller firmware and drivers, I cannot use the old software. I do not have my license key yet (hopefully in tomorrow’s email) so I tried to do some work with the old software. Now nothing is working. ;-(

Is the new firmware backwards compatible with the old software?

Re: Upgraded USBContoller Mk3/4 firmware via TNG now cannot use old software

If you want to use CNC USB controller software once your controller is updated with PlanetCNC TNG software:
    -In PlanetCNC TNG click: Machine/Controller/Advanced/Revert to V1
    -Close TNG
    -Open CNC USB controller software and update firmware: Machine/Update Firmware

Hi
    As I was advised to use for threading TNG
    I installed it, updated the firmware of my card.
    Now CNC USB Controller does not work (In PlanetCNC TNG click: Machine/Controller/Advanced/Revert to V1 - inactive)
    In PlanetCNC TNG : connecting i see my board but I can’t go to her simulation remains selected.
    Motors no longer spin.

I also noticed that activation code "LUxx-xxxx-xxxx-ALER" changed to CU5xx-xxxxx--xxxxx--xxxxx--xxxxx-XV5J
    I can’t activate my license.
    I looked at the post about license problems and installed the files (the dialog was different but I had messages about the successful installation) https://planet-cnc.com/certificate-import/

LUxx code is for CNC USB software. TNG uses different CUxx codes.
    If you have valid LUxx license then you can get free CUxx license. Contact our support.

did the engines stop working due to the simulation mode?

I understood why the engines do not work.
    I will write it for beginners like me.
    In the Connection menu, you need to select the device, double-click the device to change the value in Primary Controller, then click OK.
    I just selected the device and clicked OK, this method does not work, so my engines did not spin.

But now everything works.

Here is described all the info needed for quick migration to PlanetCNC TNG sw:
    https://planet-cnc.com/list-essentia...tng-tutorials/