585,591 active members*
2,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > New to Milltronics - Basic info on Centurion 6 system - booting, drives, etc?

New to Milltronics - Basic info on Centurion 6 system - booting, drives, etc?

Looking for some basic info. These apparently don't have a hard drive but boot from EPROMS? The machine has a floppy. How can I add USB or something more modern. Or should I just use another PC to feed data serially?

Re: New to Milltronics - Basic info on Centurion 6 system - booting, drives, etc?

Hi Jim, I offer a "floppy emulator" to replace the floppy drive. This is a unit that is plug and play to the existing floppy cables and connections.
    There is software to load on your PC, it will format a USB 2.0 thumb drive to have "100 floppy sectors" so it is like having 100 floppy disks in your hand. Each floppy sector will hold ~ 1.44Mb of data. just like a floppy.

when purchased along with my SBC control updates I add a program I wrote to the control to be able to zip up about a 4.5Mb cad/cam program load it on to one of the floppy sectors load the program into the machine as normal and then "unzip" directly in the control.

PM or call me for more info. 952-288-6340

sportybob