585,743 active members*
4,837 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: New Controller For MY PCNC 1100

Quote Originally Posted by andarxx View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The error I get when I’m not property connected to the MESA is “No ethernet link detected. Check cabling between controller and machine.”

This is the message I receive when I’m connected to the 7i92 but I believe it’s not communicating with the controller.

I did double check my jumpers and I think they are configured correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, Its exactly what rdsi suggested, you have the wrong IP address setting
    Try again with W6 up (and a 7I92 power cycle)

Thanks to both of you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the up/down terminology MESA uses is a bit confusing. Anyway the BOB board connects to P2 or the lower connector in your pictures. That other connector, P1, can be used for I/O such as controlling air valves & stuff.

I am a bit confused. You have a 5v power supply for the relays but it looks as if you are powering the relay board from the MESA using pin 18 for +5 and pins 10 and 12 for GND

Quote Originally Posted by rdsi View Post
    Yep, 7i92...

One thing to consider when driving things with these I/O lines is their state during power-up. They are essentially an input with a 4.7K resistor pull-up on their output until PP gets running. As such your interface logic must ensure the correct state is maintained until the I/O lines gets programmed the way you want.

My circuit to control some air solenoids looks like this:

I'm using these parts to control 2 solenoids for now & I have 2 spares.

These parts are pretty cheap on Amazon:

MW 5VDC Power Supply
    MW 24VDC Power Supply
    MW 12VDC Power Supply
    Electronic-Salon Adapter Board

I decided I didn't need the 7i75 but it doesn't hurt to use it. After getting the Electronics-Salon adapter board I wasn't that thrilled about the area for adding your own circuits. I got my parts in there but it's not as versatile as I had hope. I think there are better options. The MW 5VDC power supply is to replace my wall wart running the 7i92 & to run the Electronics-Salon relay board. The MW 24VDC power supply is for operating my air solenoids.

These MW power supplies are so cheap, $13.68 I ordered another 12VDC unit to replace the wall wart running my PDB.

So I have ran everything while temporarily hooked up to the machine & can toggle my relays using M1xx codes. Now I'm just working to get everything permanently installed.

So I'm thinking of mounting a plate on standoffs above the BOB to mount all this stuff on. For the years I've had my PCNC I've never had to do anything on the BOB so I feel comfortable doing it this way.

Edit: Oops, just noticed the Electronic-Salon Adapter board uses 2mm IDC instead if the std 0.1" on the 7i92. I changed the link to the correct board with 0.1" spacing. This board also has a better prototype area too. Since I already got the board with 2mm spacing I decided to pull the IDC & wire the ribbon directly the board. I put some 5-min epoxy between the PCB & ribbon so it should be fie.

So this is what I'll be mounting inside the cabinet above my BOB. The ribbon cable goes to the extra port on the 7i92. This gives me 4 relay outputs plus I still have 13 more I/O lines available for whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by smorell View Post
    I am a bit confused. You have a 5v power supply for the relays but it looks as if you are powering the relay board from the MESA using pin 18 for +5 and pins 10 and 12 for GND
    Yeah, the 5V supply runs both the MESA 7i92 and relay board. It is wired to the MESA board and comes across to the relay board through P1. This is my final schematic:

Got it! I figured out my issue, W3 needs to be in the "UP" position to supply +5vdc over 18-26.

Thanks for all the information. I have mine up and running now.

Yeah, the 5V supply runs both the MESA 7i92 and relay board. It is wired to the MESA board and comes across to the relay board through P1. This is my final schematic:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2894.jpg  

Thanks rdsi, your information has been very beneficial!

Everything is finished and I 3D printed this mounting plate for the valves and manifold. Only thing I have left is finishing up modifications to my fusion 360 post to switch between fogbuster and flood coolant.

If anyone is interested, I modified the post to add M102 P1 and M102 P0 to turn my mist on and off.

The attached files show how I implemented M101 to blow the ETS and M102 to operated a fog buster.
    These files are not PP version specific but must exist in the:
    /home/operator/tmc/configs/tormach_mill/nc_subs

directory.

In G code you use "M101 P3" to blow the ETS for 3 seconds and "M102 P1" or "M102 P0" to turn the fog buster either on or off respectively.

These files are just simple Linux script text files zipped up here to facilitate CNCzone attachment requirements.

The attached files show how I implemented M101 to blow the ETS and M102 to operated a fog buster.
    These files are not PP version specific but must exist in the:
    /home/operator/tmc/configs/tormach_mill/nc_subs

directory.

In G code you use "M101 P3" to blow the ETS for 3 seconds and "M102 P1" or "M102 P0" to turn the fog buster either on or off respectively.

These files are just simple Linux script text files zipped up here to facilitate CNCzone attachment requirements.

This is really awesome, I'm planning on doing the same thing to my 770. where did you pull the 120v from to power the psu's?

Page 3 of 3 123