584,866 active members*
5,035 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki Mills > Help with MV-35/40 Fanuc 6M Model-B Error 3

Question Help with MV-35/40 Fanuc 6M Model-B Error 3

Hello Every one

I have a problem with Mori Seiki MV-35/40, the principal problem were that ATC cycle didn't work properly, the problem were fixed.

now i tried to do an automatic tool change but for some reason the Error 3 light, now i follow the procedure to home the ATC cycle M80,89, but the Error is still light.

the problem is that i can't move the magazine manually pressing the button and using the M06TXXXX,

I have checked the PC parameters and

when pushing the magazine button i notice that there is no voltage in CR21 coil from CNR cable, this relay energized the magazine index motor solenoid.

any suggestion to reset the Error 3 or if it can restore it from the memory, I will appreciate for all your help...

Best regards.

Re: Help with MV-35/40 Fanuc 6M Model-B Error 3

you cannot move the magazine by the rotary switch and button located by the magazine UNTIL YOU HAVE FIRST INDEXED THE MAGAZINE ONE TIME BY THE CONTROL.
    Picking a magazine station and pressing the button while the mode select is in jog will cause the magazine to go round and round indefinitely. If you have not called a pot to be staged with a T50xx command. Either by MDI or MEM operation. it will not stage a tool and will also ignore the magazine jog button if the error lights are lit.

You need to look at PC PARAM 250 - 259 for error lamp 3 referenced as "? lamp" in the book
    under normal conditions all digits data are zero

I really appreciate all your help

i looked at PC PARAM 250-259 and all parameters are "0" except 252,256 and 258

according the Manual the Parameter 252 bit 6 is "1" (Power is turned off during ATC cycle or before the completion of ATC step cycle).

Parameter 256 bit 2 is "1" (This represent an error in the ATC system), so i don't know why i have this two errors if all ATC steps cycle are in home position.

I don't know the Parameter 258 refers to, due to it does not appear in the manual, unfortunately i do not have the entire manual, I just have a couple of pages.

Could you please help me about this errors?

in regard to the magazine, i have tried to move bye the control, but I have no success, note that I make a change tool program in MDI mode and it indexed properly, but when I ran a program in Memory mode, I got the Error and the magazine didn't move.

I don't know if both problems are related.

ok
    dont forget pos on extreme right is bit zero
    extreme left is bit seven
    make sure PC PARAM 3002.7 has been set to 1. allows M80 ATC cycle stepping (you said you did this so it should be set to 1)
    dont forget PWE
    PC PARAM 3005 and 3006 will tell you state of ATC if you cant tell visually
    if it is not complete use the M codes to make it so.
    You cant MDI the M codes if PWE is on

when it is complete
    set PC PARAM 3004 and 3008 to zero, must enable PWE.(3004 being zero is what says the cycle is complete)
    disable PWE
    error light should be gone
    make sure pc param n4000s are correct (these are your spindle and magazine pot tool numbers)

I always leave 3002.7 set to 1. I see no need to change it back. My 3002 looks like 11001001 if you dont have it written down
    bit 0 is for 1=20 tool magazine 0=24
    1 is na
    2 is na
    3 is orient and pot down during Z home motion =1 (no description for 0)
    4 is na
    5 is wait for mag index at m30=0 m30 stops magazine=1
    6 is large and small tool detection is done =1
    7 is M80 thru M89 ATC stepping allowed =1

Re: Help with mori MV-35/40 Fanuc 6M spindle speed problems

[QUOTE=pineapple9285;2150399]Hello Every one

I have a problem with Mori Seiki MV-35/40, spindle motor cant reach the input RPM.pls any one help me

Hi, i made this but now i canot select mdi mode, any idea, thanks for your time and help

Quote Originally Posted by generaldisarray View Post
    ok
    dont forget pos on extreme right is bit zero
    extreme left is bit seven
    make sure PC PARAM 3002.7 has been set to 1. allows M80 ATC cycle stepping (you said you did this so it should be set to 1)
    dont forget PWE
    PC PARAM 3005 and 3006 will tell you state of ATC if you cant tell visually
    if it is not complete use the M codes to make it so.
    You cant MDI the M codes if PWE is on

when it is complete
    set PC PARAM 3004 and 3008 to zero, must enable PWE.(3004 being zero is what says the cycle is complete)
    disable PWE
    error light should be gone
    make sure pc param n4000s are correct (these are your spindle and magazine pot tool numbers)

I always leave 3002.7 set to 1. I see no need to change it back. My 3002 looks like 11001001 if you dont have it written down
    bit 0 is for 1=20 tool magazine 0=24
    1 is na
    2 is na
    3 is orient and pot down during Z home motion =1 (no description for 0)
    4 is na
    5 is wait for mag index at m30=0 m30 stops magazine=1
    6 is large and small tool detection is done =1
    7 is M80 thru M89 ATC stepping allowed =1
    i made this but now er2 light and in mdi mode put someting but when put start nothing happen

sorry, i forget mancioned er3 light turns off