585,877 active members*
3,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Laser engraver

Hi
    i was considering to construct a laser engraver for my laboratory project at university, but I can't choose the model itself for constructing. I was looking through these models https://www.bestadvisor.com/laser-engraver, some of them look really easy to perform, but i'm confused a bit whether it worth doing or not. I mean i don't know my capability, it would be nice to here essential recommendations from someone who had such experience.

Re: Laser engraver

You need to decide a few things:
    1. What materials you want to work with
    2. Etching only, or cutting too?
    3. How big are the objects you want to work with?
    4. That link incorrectly states the laser type. Only the far left is CO2, the others are all laser diodes.
    5. And many other things to consider

Then there's auxiliary items such as fume extraction and water cooling depending on your needs.

It's a bit like asking what sort of road vehicle you should buy, bicycle, motorbike, car, truck etc.... There's a large range but they all have things they are good at and things they aren't good at.