584,837 active members*
5,460 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Machinist Hangout > Z- Axis Loss Pulse - Syntec

Z- Axis Loss Pulse - Syntec

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I will appreciate if any of the experts could shed some lights on our issue. This Chinese made 10 Spindle CNC router (3+2 axis) uses Syntec CNC controller. After it was delivered, we saw this issue immediately - Z- Axis Pulse Loss error while bringing back Home. It's a long story but we have no vendor support on fixing this.

Attached is the screenshot. I have a video, but am having issues uploading it.

1. When trying to bring Z axis Home, an alarm sounds and it makes a click sound before we get this error.

Thanks in advance for any help.

- Rakesh.

Re: Z- Axis Loss Pulse - Syntec

Hi, Did you manage to sort this out after please? Just wondering what the answer was to the loss pulse error? The other errors are homing issues as you probably know, we occasionally see the loss pulse error and wondered what it was if you know please?

Re: Z- Axis Loss Pulse - Syntec

cncjunky2011 if you are only getting the alarm occasionally you may want to consider increasing parameters 561~580 to check the range of loss pulse. It may be set too low?

Of course you want to check the mechanics of the machine as well, lubrication, hardware blocks ect.

If the alarm is constantly on and doesn't allow movement what so ever I would go over the wiring.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, our machine is pretty reliable and I’ve only seen the error twice in 7 months. Curious what causes it that’s all, I’ll check the settings if it continues though, thanks again very much for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by SyntecEngineer View Post
    cncjunky2011 if you are only getting the alarm occasionally you may want to consider increasing parameters 561~580 to check the range of loss pulse. It may be set too low?

Of course you want to check the mechanics of the machine as well, lubrication, hardware blocks ect.

If the alarm is constantly on and doesn't allow movement what so ever I would go over the wiring.

Hi , Im having the same issue. Please let me know if you had resolved it!
    I would like to know how did you find the solution. If you could share your experience and process i will appreciate lot. Im really desperate for help.

Quote Originally Posted by cncjunky2011 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, our machine is pretty reliable and I’ve only seen the error twice in 7 months. Curious what causes it that’s all, I’ll check the settings if it continues though, thanks again very much for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by arinnazar View Post
    Hi , Im having the same issue. Please let me know if you had resolved it!
    I would like to know how did you find the solution. If you could share your experience and process i will appreciate lot. Im really desperate for help.
    I haven’t seen the error since sorry and never really did anything to fix it. It is important to ensure everything is working smoothly though and the ballscrew always should be oiled and kept clean as in my experience they can use cheap ball nuts which are prone to problems so I would suggest always ensuring they are well oiled.