584,862 active members*
5,363 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fitting a Fadal VMC15XT extended z in a garage

Fitting a Fadal VMC15XT extended z in a garage

I don’t mean to make another topic but I hope this gets more specific views from people and maybe somebody can help me.

I bought a new machine and if you read my other thread you can see about it but I did not know that it was an extended z travel machine. I want to know if anybody has one and has put it through and 84” garage door. Or if anybody owns one and could take some measurements for me?

I could get the measurements myself but the machine is at the sellers facility until I get it moved in a week. Also to compound I am working with my father to get this machine as I’m in the military and stationed in SoCal while he’s in Georgia.

I appreciate the guys here on the forum and so far I have gotten lots of great tips. Thankyou

Note the machine is a 1999 fadal VMC15XT with extended (28”) z travel.
    I have looked in the manuals and they don’t call out a different height for this machine but that 8” travel is coming from somewhere so I figure it has to be taller than normal.

Re: Fitting a Fadal VMC15XT extended z in a garage

Well a kind member on here has offered to come let me take some measurements of his machine but still want to know if anybody else was able to make this work?

Re: Fitting a Fadal VMC15XT extended z in a garage

Well as of right now I’m going to be have the machine moved the same day I’ll be taking the measurements so if anybody has one and is willing to take some measurements for me I’d appreciate it.