584,860 active members*
5,424 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > X2 Training options

X2 Training options

Hello All - I'm trying to get some guidance on training options for Mastercam X2. My MC distributor says they cannot provide training because it is too old.

After starting my new job, I found we had two seats of X2. We have 2 nice Haas machines that are only being used for manual programming. We previously used MC from version 7 through X2 but the programmers are long gone.

I have 4 co-workers who want to learn how to put a good tool path on our designs and they all design and machining experience. I just need someone to bridge the gap. I am willing to pay onsite or virtual - we have a videoconference setup but I'm not sure where to turn. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: X2 Training options

You tube...E-Bay for the books..

Cimquest-inc.com will do this for you. They have a very high tech live streaming classroom setup.
    Talk to Shawn.

Address: 3434 US-22 #130, Branchburg, NJ 08876
    Phone: (732) 699-0400

i did not have a good experience with cimquest,,,in new jersey

www.mdmllp.com ------------the engineer that helped me and our customers name is Jesse
    probably the most honest ,,skilled engineer in met in mastercam

I worked there for 11 years. They are an honest and technically (not sales) driven company. I would highly recommend them for live video training. They have state of the art equipment and classrooms.

AG

avongil,
    the issue most likely is they will not train on old X2 sofware. we are talking over 10 years old. Even for me to to the training online I would need to install this old version have not used in years but I am a 30 year user and trainer.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I have sent you a Private msg.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .