585,599 active members*
3,593 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

UCCNC Display Analog Sensor Data

Hello,

So i have an idea and i want to see if it is possible in UCCNC

I recently had a questions about amp draw on some servos. Got the questions answered but thought it might be cool to have a real time readout of what the servos are pulling as away to determine load. So doing some research i found these

https://www.amazon.com/range-Current...eywords=ACS712

These are 30A but they make 20A and 5A as well

Is is possible to hook these up to the input on a UB1 (motherboard for UC300ETH), use a macro to do the simple calculation, and then edit the screen set in UCCNC to have a readout next to each axis and display how many amps they are pulling.

The sensor outputs a 0-5V analog signal

To me it seems do able but i do not have a lot experience with UCCNC

Thanks
    Mike

Re: UCCNC Display Analog Sensor Data

The UC300ETH has two analogue inputs, so you can connect two of those. It can be done (for two) but you have to write the macro and the display handler.

If I wanted to monitor the motor current and temperature I'd install separate displays or would add a Modbus analogue input unit and would read the values through the Modbus plugin. Currently I am monitoring the total motor current and have temp sensors on each motor installed, but I have never bothered to connect the temperature sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    Hello,

So i have an idea and i want to see if it is possible in UCCNC

I recently had a questions about amp draw on some servos. Got the questions answered but thought it might be cool to have a real time readout of what the servos are pulling as away to determine load. So doing some research i found these

https://www.amazon.com/range-Current...eywords=ACS712

These are 30A but they make 20A and 5A as well

Is is possible to hook these up to the input on a UB1 (motherboard for UC300ETH), use a macro to do the simple calculation, and then edit the screen set in UCCNC to have a readout next to each axis and display how many amps they are pulling.

The sensor outputs a 0-5V analog signal

To me it seems do able but i do not have a lot experience with UCCNC

Thanks
    Mike
    Analog input values are displayed on the diagnostics page, you can watch them.
    If you want to convert the value range then you can write a macro loop or a plugin and display it in a dro.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    The UC300ETH has two analogue inputs, so you can connect two of those. It can be done (for two) but you have to write the macro and the display handler.

If I wanted to monitor the motor current and temperature I'd install separate displays or would add a Modbus analogue input unit and would read the values through the Modbus plugin. Currently I am monitoring the total motor current and have temp sensors on each motor installed, but I have never bothered to connect the temperature sensors.
    Thanks!

My original plan was to use arduino or raspberry pi to measure and display on a small LCD so that is probably what i will do, but just curious

Thanks Again